Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Victoria Line closed today - so how did you get in

I would have got on at Turnpike Lane instead of Seven Sisters, and done the Piccadilly line down to Holborn.
Or walked over the park to Finsbury Park tube stop.
Or got on the Overground at Green Lanes and gone over to Gospel Oak.
Or got a bus straight to Oxford Circus.
(We have civilised transport here in the north, all you haterz.) :p
but I didn't as I've got a day off, so I'm sat at home in me dressing gown. Might go out and sit in the sun for a bit now. :D

I could have got the 333 all the way to moorgate from outside my house, or I could have gotten the 59 or 159 to oval or lambeth north, or the 133 to kennington, or the 35 to shoreditch, or the overground to victoria then on from there, or the 133 to elephant and castle.

so there. :mad:

I could have got the 333 all the way to moorgate from outside my house, or I could have gotten the 59 or 159 to oval or lambeth north, or the 133 to kennington, or the 35 to shoreditch, or the overground to victoria then on from there, or the 133 to elephant and castle.

and you've forgotten you could have got the 3, 59, 133, 159 to the end of Brixton Road and then crossed over to near Oval Tube Station and got other buses into central London that way, or from Elephant

Or, you could have got overhead from Streatham Hill to Victoria (except it's in Zone 3 and you'd have to pay extra)

Do I mean the 133? They changed their routes a bit.

I used to do it every day.

Pain in the bastarding arse at Bank.

Yes, you mean the 133. The 333 goes via Stockwell to Elephant. The 133 goes all the way over London Bridge. I too used to work that area when I worked at the Bank of England and various other jobs ;)

The 59 used to go over Blackfriars and finish just past Fleet Street. Was handy when I worked in Chancery Lane but they changed the route years ago

and you've forgotten you could have got the 3, 59, 133, 159 to the end of Brixton Road and then crossed over to near Oval Tube Station and got other buses into central London that way, or from Elephant

Or, you could have got overhead from Streatham Hill to Victoria (except it's in Zone 3 and you'd have to pay extra)

ehem. I didn't count the 3 as the 59 and 159 do it from my house without a need to change at brixton.

:rolleyes:

ehem. I didn't count the 3 as the 59 and 159 do it from my house without a need to change at brixton.

:rolleyes:

Yes, but sometimes the buses on the Hill are packed so it's easier to just get on the first one that you're able to and then they empty out a bit at Brixton, then you have the choice of the No. 3 as well, or the No. 2 to Victoria etc.

Cycle
Walk
Overhead Rail
Bus
Private Helicopter

I used the Central Line. I rarely use the Victoria Line and to use it to get to work would mean I would have to start somewhere else and I wouldn't end up at work at all.

Should have been in the "Brixton Forum"

Yes, but sometimes the buses on the Hill are packed so it's easier to just get on the first one that you're able to and then they empty out a bit at Brixton, then you have the choice of the No. 3 as well, or the No. 2 to Victoria etc.

I was just giving an idea of the variety of different routes without listing every single possible route.

Could have got the 196 to vauxhall then the overground to wimbledon and the district line to embankment then the riverbus to london bridge then the jubilee line to canary wharf, then the dlr to poplar and dlr again to bank, then hopped on the 76 bus to old street.

I was just giving an idea of the variety of different routes without listing every single possible route.

Could have got the 196 to vauxhall then the overground to wimbledon and the district line to embankment then the riverbus to london bridge then the jubilee line to canary wharf, then the dlr to poplar and dlr again to bank, then hopped on the 76 bus to old street.

yes, but you didn't and if you did, then you're stupid :p:D

I used the Central Line. I rarely use the Victoria Line and to use it to get to work would mean I would have to start somewhere else and I wouldn't end up at work at all.

Should have been in the "Brixton Forum"

:mad::mad::mad:

The victoria line:

Victoria%20Line%20map.gif

Only one of those stops is in Brixton, but they are all in London and the South East. :mad:

Brixton - the navel gazing capitol

Ah, Victoria line shut, London cut off!!!!

Hordes of disappointed dope fiends stormed the gates of London Undergrounds St James HQ when they discovered they could no longer get to Brixton - they were CUT OFF

I'd get the fucking train anyway, a very large part of the reason I moved to South London - you DONT have to be a tunnel rat here - otherwise you are no different to the loathesome belly crawlers that are known as Camdenites:mad::mad:

Ah, Victoria line shut, London cut off!!!!

Hordes of disappointed dope fiends stormed the gates of London Undergrounds St James HQ when they discovered they could no longer get to Brixton - they were CUT OFF

I'd get the fucking train anyway, a very large part of the reason I moved to South London - you DONT have to be a tunnel rat here - otherwise you are no different to the loathesome belly crawlers that are known as Camdenites:mad::mad:

Yes, dear.

At lunchtime yesterday the train from Clapton to Liverpool Street was unusually crowded. So obviously many people were using the train from Walthamstow Central to get to Liverpool Street and then going by tube to Oxford Circus etc.

Back
Top Bottom