Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urbanites DJ Mixes

Techno Download Sites

Rightio, having hunted around for some more sites oozing with techno mixes i've found a few really good ones:

Here's a whole load of mixes recorded at Dogma:

http://www.clubdogma.com/mediatunes.htm

Here's a Jerome Hill mix and a huge 3 part Mark Turner mix:

http://www.pure-filth.org/music.html

Here's 3 mixes on Techno Truth:

http://www.techno-truth.com/siteb.htm

Here's a whole list of mixes, the links of which i got from the Blackout Audio forums:

Lenny Dee playing at Tribe Of Munt on 8th May 2004 - Here

A live PA by Damon Vallero - Here

A live PA by Markus Alan - Here

Hard techno by DJ Kilo - Here

A mix by Tiptoe - Here

A live PA by KrOkz - Here

Don't have tracklists for all of them, and haven't listened to them all yet myself, if any of the links aren't working i'll take em down!
Moggy.

EDIT: Took down a link.

Is that jerome hill mix the wonky techno he was playing at the uglyfunk party at bar lorca (if you were there that is, and if not, do you know the sort of stuff I mean)? That wonky stuff was cool. :cool:

Nope, wasn't at that party, but yes i definitely know jerome's wonky techno :D
The one on the club Dogma website is, haven't got round to downloading and listening to the one on pure filth, but from listening to the beginning i'd say yes :)
And if you didnt know ugly funk have been doing a Pubtek every sunday afternoon/evening at the Prince Edward, 97 Wick Road, Hackney, EC1. Details can be found at:
http://www.uglyfunk.com/

Might make it down this sunday as i've always been too knackered from the night before the last few times ive been in london.
Plus, Uglyfunk is on again at the Electrowerkz in Angel on September 10th, 11pm - 6am, £5 before 12 or £7 after, lineup is:

AeoX (Null Rec.) - ***LIVE***
Jerome Hill (Don't Rec.)
Cutout - ***LIVE***
Blackmassplastics

Hope that helps!
Moggy.

Not wishing to put the cat amongst the pigeons too much and I appreciate the links 'n all but isn't this thread supposed to be for URBANITE DJ mixes?

tendril said:
Not wishing to put the cat amongst the pigeons too much and I appreciate the links 'n all but isn't this thread supposed to be for URBANITE DJ mixes?
MIXIST!! :mad: :p

um,I dunno,its an urbanite mix thread for sure,but I certainly don't object to any other mixes,pluss on the first page its mentioned that we can post other mixes we find aswell. :)

tendril said:

I cant get the link to your mix to work Tendril! :( Totally bummed because I've got 8 hours of data entry ahead and some of those slightly hysterical breaks would have kicked it off nicely.

I had a top afternoon listening to mixes on my headphones yesterday (yes, whilst doing data entry), including Gracious' Saturday Arvo mix from earlier on this thread. Very cool.

Will have to trawl back through the postings today and find a nice Friday soul mix or something similar. Some rare grooves would be wicked....

(techno's a bit hectic for the office!)

cheers DJs!
xK :cool: :cool:

stinkykitten said:
I cant get the link to your mix to work Tendril! :( Totally bummed because I've got 8 hours of data entry ahead and some of those slightly hysterical breaks would have kicked it off nicely.

I had a top afternoon listening to mixes on my headphones yesterday (yes, whilst doing data entry), including Gracious' Saturday Arvo mix from earlier on this thread. Very cool.

Will have to trawl back through the postings today and find a nice Friday soul mix or something similar. Some rare grooves would be wicked....

(techno's a bit hectic for the office!)

cheers DJs!
xK :cool: :cool:

right click on the link and choose 'save target as'

workin as we speak.

xes said:
MIXIST!! :mad: :p

um,I dunno,its an urbanite mix thread for sure,but I certainly don't object to any other mixes,pluss on the first page its mentioned that we can post other mixes we find aswell. :)

no I certainly don't object to other mixes, but I don't want a thread with all other peoples mixes on. I'm not being 'mixist' (I hope) just makin' a point.

Bring on the home mixes peeps!!! I wanna hear local talent, not just the big names.

I don't even know the names of the big names .. for all I know you might be a big name tendril and so you shouldn't be included and I'd never get to hear your stuff .. well noone would to be fair .. we might think you're playing to packed houses when you've never done a disco at all !
And to be fair to the lad
You can see some semblance of potential in bits of his record
Stick at it
Straight up it
No fuckin foreplay
No need :cool:

tendril said:
no I certainly don't object to other mixes, but I don't want a thread with all other peoples mixes on. I'm not being 'mixist' (I hope) just makin' a point.

Bring on the home mixes peeps!!! I wanna hear local talent, not just the big names.
I was only joking mate,jumping on the "ist" bandwagon innit.:D And I will have a set as soon as I can host it :mad:

For people who need some acid in their life !

Here’s a mix I did for www.fourteenlocks.com

Mix is at http://www.14lox.co.uk/pla.html

Abe Duque - What Happened - abe duque
New Phunk Theory - Always - Airtight
JD'S Acid Power - Blank
7 - The Power - Nitegrooves
Doc Martin - Left Coast Selections - Wax
Osborne - 'Bout Ready to Jack - Spectral Sound
Plastikman - I Don't Know - Minus
Abe Duque - It Moved Me - Abe Duque
Chevallier - Crack City - Trax of Interest
Acid Kid - Live Appearance - DAP
Prototype 909 - The Transistor - Instinct
Kahn - More ep - Direct Drive
Essit Muzique - Whoo Whoo Part 2 – DAP

Enjoy

p

Here's a mix I did the other day, mostly breaks, a bit of garage, a bit of 4/4:

Right click, save as...

128kbps, 44khz, 60.9mb, 1hr 6mins 35 secs.

Tracklisting:

1) Steelzawheelz – D-Fonk
2) Dan F – Line of Sight
3) Jam and Spoon – Stella (Koma and Bones remix)
4) Nitin Sawhney – Sunset (MJ Cole remix)
5) Beber and Tamra – You Wonder (Starecase remix)
6) Ty – Wait A Minute (Sticky remix)
7) Ed Case – Good Times (Marching of the Elephants remix)
8) Plump DJs – Squeaks and Bleeps
9) Meat Katie and Elite Force – The Answer (Elite Force Remix)
10) Punks – Dancing in the Park
11) Jon Carter vs Scanty – Need I Say More
12) Unknown White Label -?
13) Stompaphunk – The Crowd Seems To…

If anyone can tell me what the last-but-one track is, I'd love to know.

pinkychukkles said:
Got my ass into gear and completed this mix recently, although the British summer may seem to be over for some, let these tunes drench you Meditterrannean sunshine. Mostly old italian house/deep house. 01-09 & 10-15 & 17-20 were mixed on the decks whilst 16 and 21 plus the other parts of mixes were all edited together on the pc using CD Architect.

Recorded in Ogg Vorbis, 50mb
Club Meditterranneo

Tracklisting:

01. COCODANCE - Angels Of Love 1991 (Original Italo Mix)
02. DJ LE ROY - Bocachica 1990 (Piano Mix)
03. NITELITE CITYRAMA - Runnin So Hard 1990 (Mighty 116bpm Version)
04. DON PABLO'S ANIMALS - Paranoia 1990
05. DYNAMIC BOYS - Make Me Say Yes 1991 (Underground Version)
06. OMNIVERSE - Never Get Enough 1990 (Sunday Morning Mix)
07. TEMPER TEMPER - It's All Outta Lovin' You 1991
08. DON CARLOS - Alone 199?
09. GINO LATINO - No Sorry 1989 (Piano Version)
10. AURAL - Desire 1992 (Martini Club Mix)
11. KENYATTA - Keep Me Comin' 1992 (Lifeforce Club Mix)
12. KENYATTA - Keep Me Comin' 1992 (Lifeforce Club Mix)
13. LAST RHYTHM - Open Your Mind 1992 (Extended Mix)
14. FPI PROJECT - Rich In Paradise 1991 (Original Version)
15. ELECTRIC CHOC - Shock The Beat 1990 (Piano Mix)
16. COOL JACK - Just Come 1992 (Pink Version)
17. JT COMPANY - Don't Deal With Us 199?
18. NY'S FINEST VICTOR SIMONELLI - Do You Feel Me 1993 (Club Mix)
19. MONICA DE LUXE - The Temperature's Rising 1991 (Vibe Mix)
20. TONY CARRASCO - Transparenza 1992 (Scat Vox Mix)
21. G.M. - L.O.V.E. Ambient 1991

This mix is the bomb! well done pinky, listening to this now and memories are flooding back and some of the tunes i have not heard for years let alone know what they are called. Nice one :)

well i asked for something funky and nothing was coming so i did one my self ha ha :)

You can get it here

Tracklist

01 Octave One - Blackwater (String Vocal Mix)
02 DJ Chus & David Penn feat. Concha Buika - Will I (discover love)
03 Dave Armstrong - Make Your Move (Antoine Clamaran Mix) ParT 04
04 Soulmagic Soul Magic (Original Mix)
05 Sucker Djs - Its Gotta Be (Chus and Ceballos Stereo Remix)
06 Soulsearcher - Feelin Love
07 Gadjo - So Many Times (Club Mix)
08 Hool Vs Bruckheimer - In The Beginning (Mark Knight & Martijn Ten Velden Remix)
09 Tweet - Boogie Tonight (BGC Rockin' Music Mix)
10 Lee Cabrera - Phase 2 Voodoo Love
11 Sucker Djs - Eyes Closed (Original Mix)
12 Shapeshifters vs ATFC - Lola's Habit (KarlG Mashup)
13 Skulduggery Presents - Professional Miracles
14 Soul Central - String Of Life

website seems to be a pain in the ass today so if you download it and it is less than 72mb sorry but try try again

i've got a sort of funky mix for yer monkeyman - just haven't sorted out somewhere to host it yet... same old story innit. :(

themonkeyman said:
well i asked for something funky and nothing was coming so i did one my self ha ha :)

You can get it here

That is indeed a funky mix. I'm getting my groove on as best I can sitting down.

Cheers :)

In case you think no one listens. . .

Keep 'em coming you lot, it's great to have such a resource of fab mixes on my favourite website :cool: Treats to be had for a variety of tastes :)

thanks Gee & themonkeyman for your kind appreciation.
Working on Old Skool Deep vol.2 at the moment, should be up soon on my rudimentary website.

d/l yours now Placid, I'm not familiar nor have I got any UR stuff, sorry if you spit all over your pc in disgust ;) but I'm looking forward to the education as everyone seems to speak of this label in hallowed reverential tones that only tracks produced in Detroit seem to generate.

Old Skool Deep vol.2

I've got a fair bit of bandwidth left in Aug, so leech it before Sep if you can.

Direct link to mix

Page with tracklisting
'cos maybe you want to d/l without seeing the tracks first ;-)

Everything from '90 to '93, slightly dodgy mix near the end which was a shame but I can't be arsed to do it again. A mix going out to the deep house geriatrics amongst us and youngsters wanting a little education about tunezzz of yore!

Back
Top Bottom