Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Unusual and GOOD cover versions

My favourite Whitesnake line up. Marsden and Moody were the blues heart of Whitesnake, sadly ripped out by all the Scrawney kitten/ mousse abuse hair and need for American wealth and fame :rolleyes:

If anyone feels like they need more klezmer/Yiddish reworkings of Bruce Springsteen songs in their life, then fill yer boots:

Over the last few years I have fallen in love with the cello, here are a few, I stress FEW I really love :D

Sorry Siouxsie even though I have "plays Metallica" I really cannot get into apocalyptica and nor can Mrs tag even though she loves a bit of cello! :(

Classical versions of heavy metal, just nah. BTW if you like heavy, have you tried classical or even opera, some can be very heavy and emotive

Much as I'd love it it Yoko Ono did a cover of Slayer, someone's just edited the riff from Reign in Blood over a clip of her screaming at an art show there.

Dunno if it counts as cover versions as such, but I've realised that with the new RP record, I know now at least two different punk versions of the same Wilfred Owen poem.
Filthpact:

Rudimentary Peni:

If you're a fan of Deutschland 83/86/89 you might especially enjoy Shiny Toy Guns' cover of Major Tom. Sisely Treasure's voice is sublime.

(The band's usual vocalist, Carah Faye Charnow, sounds even better. Dreamy stuff.)

Classical versions of heavy metal, just nah. BTW if you like heavy, have you tried classical or even opera, some can be very heavy and emotive
I used to go to bed listening to Classic fm and now it's Scala....I love the energy and passion metal and classical evoke.

:thumbs: Gave me goosebumps.
I wasn't prepared for my reaction :oops: I was OK until Dolores and Tommy touched hands through the glass. The hairs went up on the back of my neck and I had a bit of a wobble. I went again when she wrote the date!
:)

Back
Top Bottom