Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK small festivals listing

wemakeyousoundb

hopefully not gimboid
So,since the festival-eye guy on facebook has gone full conspiraloon and no one seems to be posting anything relevant on that page anymore where on the interwebz would I go to find a list of small festivals in the UK in July (e2a: or all year round really)?

Thanks, nothing for me in there though, was thinking more along the lines of griffstock or feral fest type of small festival if anyone knows of anything like this.

I recommend Under the Castle. Some last-minute tickets available on Twickets.

If you like
(a) indie bands
(b) cider farms
(c) small festivals
(d) The Monochrome Set

...you might like the Orchard festival in Crewkerne, Dorset on Sat 16th July.

Apparently, tickets are 'selling well'.

North Down Orchard and the Electric Broom Cupboard present a new intimate and exclusive music event, featuring an exciting line-up with a working farm as the backdrop

The Monochrome Set
The June Brides
The Chesterfields
Special Guests
Palooka 5
Helen McCookerybook
The Rhynes
Plus food, bar, and Vinyl Van record stall

Endorset sold out while I was still dithering, but Barnstomper is at the same place, first weekend of September. Buzzcocks, Muddy Summers

Blyth Power Ashes? Possibly too small.

Gail Something Else has two - Where Art the Women, in July and Something Else by the Sea, late September.

Mayhem at Micks is full on punk but a bit basic. Can’t go this year. Can’t say I would recommend it anyway.

Similarly I can’t get to Feral either. Looks like a great little festival. Gutted.

Haven’t heard anything about Griffstock since I went in 2019.

I was thinking July more specifically as I have a friend coming over so wanted to makie a weekend of it, maybe we'll re-schedule the visit for September as there seem to be more and there is the option of me going to visit in France in July for a little sneaky fest down south with a bunch of old mates I haven't seen in years.
Might be able to blag guest list for endorse it if I ask around though.
Griffstock had a sneaky weekender in 2021 on the old site.

Now not stuck with July anymore but august september also possible.

I heard rumours of a sneaky griffstock on august bank holiday on the old site maybe, long drive from London but a nice spot and very relaxed atmosphere, also well cheap, £20 again last year same price as 2017.

If you like
(a) indie bands
(b) cider farms
(c) small festivals
(d) The Monochrome Set

...you might like the Orchard festival in Crewkerne, Dorset on Sat 16th July.

Apparently, tickets are 'selling well'.
The festival got cancelled. I'm really fucking annoyed with the promoter who was still adding bands to the bill as late as last week.
We'd booked train tickets and hotels - like many fabs p- and we're going to struggle to get all our money back.

Now not stuck with July anymore but august september also possible.

I heard rumours of a sneaky griffstock on august bank holiday on the old site maybe, long drive from London but a nice spot and very relaxed atmosphere, also well cheap, £20 again last year same price as 2017.
Let us know, please. I take it the “old site” isn’t the one near Newbury used in 2019? That’s half an hour from me. Cheers.

Off to to Bimble Bandada for first outing post covid. Its moved from near brighton to dorset.

Truefest at Baskerville Hall near Hay on Wye in August

Home - Wickham Festival
Wickham Festival is the first weekend of August if you like your music a bit folky.
Its a compact little festival, and the atmosphere is usually very friendly.
We go most years as it's 20 mins down the road, and we normally go with friends, sometimes just for a day, sometimes all weekend. We have weekend tickets this year, but our usual crowd have all said they can't go this year! mrs mx is considering braving the van for a night, rather than going home to her bed.

Saturday looks good. The ale is normally decent too.

FB says it's just outside Bristol, but it doesn't look right. Wemakeyousoundbe reckons it's going to be in the Cotswolds. Not far at all for me, even closer for you.
the random location has now been removed (must be needed to create an event on facebook) and it says usual place in the blurb.
e2a location clue:
it's in a town and civil parish situated below the western escarpment of the Cotswold Hills, at the meeting point of the Five Valleys, the town is noted for its steep streets.
;-)

I need to keep up with this thread better -- it's the first time I've heard about any revival of Endorse It! :eek:

Moar later, etc. :D ;)

Last edited:
It's local to me. Very old school reggae and dub acts, and they keep repeating the same acts which is annoying, and I am not motivated to go. Great location though.

I remember seeing signs for it a few years ago. They looked old and tired, as if someone forgot to take them down.

Do they repeat the acts over the weekend or is it the same people playing each year?

I remember seeing signs for it a few years ago. They looked old and tired, as if someone forgot to take them down.

Do they repeat the acts over the weekend or is it the same people playing each year?
Same (or very similar) every year. So less of a problem if you haven't been before!

Back
Top Bottom