Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

TV shows (dramas/comedies etc) about TV shows (real and fictional)

DaveCinzano

WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!
For Epona :oldthumbsup:

What about TV dramas about the creation and filming of real life TV shows?
There was one about Doctor Who (An Adventure in Time and Space)
There was one about the whole Crossroads thing (Nolly)
There was one about Coronation Street (The Road to Coronation Street)

Probably others, but those are the ones that were off the top of my head.

There was one about Steptoe & Son with Phil Davis playing Will Bramble, I'll have to google for the name of it

EDIT: The Curse of Steptoe

Also mentioned on the other thread:

Dead Set - Charlie Brooker's zombie dramedy based in the Big Brother house [per Artaxerxes]
The Newsroom - ‘A high-profile team of journalists comes together to push the limit to delivering all of the news that changes the world,’ it says here [per pesh]
Columbo - episodes like ‘Make Me A Perfect Murder’ [per Santino]

Edited cuz I got summat wrong

Last edited:
KYTV - sort of a TV version of Radio 4 sitcom Radio Active, but set in a (then) nascent low budget satellite broadcasting station instead of a radio station

Fear Of Fanny - Julia Davis and Mark Gatiss as TV chef Fanny Cradock and her husband Johnnie

Dream On - man-child who grew up as a member of the first TV generation sees everything as clips from ancient shows; his best friend is basically an alternative Arsenio Hall with his own talk show

People Like Us - mockumentary series (reworked from a radio show) with Chris Langham as a documentarian following people with various occupations. Unlikely to be repeated :hmm:

Screen Test with Micheal Rodd. (Rudd?)

Clips of films are shown to kids and then they’re asked questions about them, like “how many times did Stan Laurel spill the cups of tea?”

Sports Night Written by Aaron Sorkin, I think his first TV.

It's amazing and I'd recommend it as you can see him develop. The first episodes are a conventional, but good, US sitcom, complete with canned laughter by the end the writing is like West Wing. Brilliant.

The Morning Show. Really good, but not brilliant, take on US corporate media and me too and BLM. Worth a look.

There was a weird one that each episode consisted of half a programme about making a day time beachfront soap and the other half was the soap. It was a bit shit though.

Back
Top Bottom