Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

I think that most places acquire Tabasco unintentionally, unless they are Mexican or the like. So a brand new place won't have it yet because they haven't had the time for it to just show up some day.
I'll leave a bottle on their doorstep...

Most chilli oil is just flavourless gloop. Any restauraunt worth is 'sauce' is gonna have a proper chilli condiment to hand....

...and salt and pepper in salt and pepper pots....not some rank little bowl (Tulse Hill Hotel take note)
Judging by the amount of salt the Tulse put into their finger pots I'm hoping that they throw the remaining salt away and refill using clean salt...

for the tabascophiles:

i-find-your-lack-of-sauce-distrubing-500x375.jpg

Most Italians do have Tabasco, even though it's a tex-mex thing, it goes mighty well with tomato based foods.

Absolute nonsense. A proper arrabiata sauce is made with dried red chillies, flaked or crushed into a rough powder. The Italian type is thinner than those chubby Mexican types, but still rather fiery!
I appreciate you may be referring to some restaurants that you may have come across, but my impression is that if there is a bottle of Tabasco in an Italian restaurant here they are just pandering to the whims of the locals or being lazy. Let me check the Ada Boni book for the proper recipe...

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense. A proper arrabiata sauce is made with dried red chillies, flaked or crushed into a rough powder. The Italian type is thinner than those chubby Mexican types, but still rather fiery!
I appreciate you may be referring to some restaurants that you may have come across, but my impression is that if there is a bottle of Tabasco in an Italian restaurant here they are just pandering to the whims of the locals or being lazy. Let me check the Ada Boni book for the proper recipe...
As I said and I'll say it again, Tabasco sauce goes well with tomato based foods. It's not Italian, no, but I disagree that a local Italian, especially one that serves pizza, shouldn't have a bottle lurking about. On the other hand, I really wouldn't give two tequila slammers if they had a fiery chilli oil instead.

There is a new sign gone up at Hamilton's. It looks like it's going to be a second hand car showroom for some time yet.

There is a new sign gone up at Hamilton's. It looks like it's going to be a second hand car showroom for some time yet.
And that it's going to offer "car wrapping". I'm intrigued, and imagining huge rolls of wrapping paper being needed to perform this task.

(As you can probably gather, I know nothing about cars.)

Back
Top Bottom