Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

I have. They serve their food out of tin plates though! I'm not a cowgirl. The veggie burger was nice. Had a roast there yet?
Not a roast, though am a big fan of the pulled pork burger (though their BBQ sauce isn't as good as mine). And I know this sounds wanky but the olives they have in there are bloody lovely.
download.jpg

twice I've been in the GNW recently and the staff have pissed me off. Twice I've been in the right, twice they've been in the wrong.

I rest my case.

twice I've been in the GNW recently and the staff have pissed me off. Twice I've been in the right, twice they've been in the wrong.

I rest my case.
I think the running theme of this thread is that pub staff are generally shite in tulse hill. Smick - the customer is ALWAYS right.

I rest my case.

Not been back since they told me they couldn't start a tab without permission from the bar manager. Then the boss turned up, looked at us and said no to the tab. Yeah fuck you too, cunty.

Not been back since they told me they couldn't start a tab without permission from the bar manager. Then the boss turned up, looked at us and said no to the tab. Yeah fuck you too, cunty.

Nose in the air, looking down at us, spunkless ball bags!!!

I aint going to eat there...they put dinner and afters on the same plate...man!!!!!

Lazy cunts...trying to save on the washing up...

10325126_278524642271863_6986334955171958402_n.jpg

Worse than that duck egg place putting red peppers on my breakfast!!!!

I aint going to eat there...they put dinner and afters on the same plate...man!!!!!

Lazy cunts...trying to save on the washing up...

10325126_278524642271863_6986334955171958402_n.jpg

Worse than that duck egg place putting red peppers on my breakfast!!!!
Is that a cheesy fried banana with peach slices?? Looks weird.

It isn't going to stop me going back. In fact, I didn't even make anything of a fuss, but I won't forget and will complain to as many people as will listen to me.

The first time there was some disinterested gimp too busy watching the rugby to take an order. I'm waiting and waiting. There was an array of craft beers, from Gipsy Hill, Brixton, wherever, in a display on the bar. I lifted one to have a look at it and he suddenly came to life as if I was attempting to steal it. It was sitting right on the bar, I didn't even have to reach for it. "Are you buying that?" he asks. "I don't think so" I replied and then he looks at me with a thick face until I put it down and then asks "So what do you want?".

Second time a nicer guy but I order a pint of Guinness, a glass of juice, a glass of wine, some chips, a kid's meal. Comes to £21. Fair enough. Pay with my debit card, he hands over the drinks but no wine. "You've forgot the wine" I said. "So I did" says he and goes and pours the wine and brings it back and says "you're going to have to pay an extra £5 for the wine". "Was it not included in what I have already given you?" "Hmm let me see". Goes over to the till, pushes a few buttons, comes back, apologises. It transpires he hadn't forgotten to charge me for it but had forgotten to pour it and then had forgotten that he had charged me. Two foul ups, one with not getting the wine, one with trying to double charge me.

Both times I didn't tell my wife when I got back to the table so she is not aware that I am pissed off with them so will want to keep going there. Also, just to be able to go for a pint of an afternoon is a good thing, and there are not many pubs she will go to, so better not to badmouth this place to her.

We go there, my wife has a glass of wine, I have two pints, get a kid's meal for our daughter and then we can eat late on Saturday night, even get a Saffron, and not worry about cooking for her.

It isn't going to stop me going back. In fact, I didn't even make anything of a fuss, but I won't forget and will complain to as many people as will listen to me.

The first time there was some disinterested gimp too busy watching the rugby to take an order. I'm waiting and waiting. There was an array of craft beers, from Gipsy Hill, Brixton, wherever, in a display on the bar. I lifted one to have a look at it and he suddenly came to life as if I was attempting to steal it. It was sitting right on the bar, I didn't even have to reach for it. "Are you buying that?" he asks. "I don't think so" I replied and then he looks at me with a thick face until I put it down and then asks "So what do you want?".

Second time a nicer guy but I order a pint of Guinness, a glass of juice, a glass of wine, some chips, a kid's meal. Comes to £21. Fair enough. Pay with my debit card, he hands over the drinks but no wine. "You've forgot the wine" I said. "So I did" says he and goes and pours the wine and brings it back and says "you're going to have to pay an extra £5 for the wine". "Was it not included in what I have already given you?" "Hmm let me see". Goes over to the till, pushes a few buttons, comes back, apologises. It transpires he hadn't forgotten to charge me for it but had forgotten to pour it and then had forgotten that he had charged me. Two foul ups, one with not getting the wine, one with trying to double charge me.

Both times I didn't tell my wife when I got back to the table so she is not aware that I am pissed off with them so will want to keep going there. Also, just to be able to go for a pint of an afternoon is a good thing, and there are not many pubs she will go to, so better not to badmouth this place to her.

We go there, my wife has a glass of wine, I have two pints, get a kid's meal for our daughter and then we can eat late on Saturday night, even get a Saffron, and not worry about cooking for her.
Maybe you should take your 'saffron' order in there next time...that'll learn them.

Breaking news again - last night the Railway shut at 11, and I was told it had been totally empty all night. The bar staff told me they were embarrassed and unhappy with the price increases, and the (surely coincidental) loss of trade, and that they were going to petition the owners. My girlfriend's in there right now and texted to say that the prices are suddenly back to the way they were. Funny old world...

Breaking news again - last night the Railway shut at 11, and I was told it had been totally empty all night. The bar staff told me they were embarrassed and unhappy with the price increases, and the (surely coincidental) loss of trade, and that they were going to petition the owners. My girlfriend's in there right now and texted to say that the prices are suddenly back to the way they were. Funny old world...
Well, blow me down with a feather! That's cheeky but at least they've readjusted. It just goes to show the power of the punter...

I wonder if they will sort the meal prices out? Steak went from £17/18 up to £22. That's bonkers considering it's just a pub. You can get a well fit steak at Iberico for £8.50 inc chips and salad

What do you do on Sunday?
It's maybe some form of a Rainman OCD thing, but I like to have fish and chips on a Friday, Indian on a Saturday and roast dinner on a Sunday. And lots of drink in between.

Thank you for asking the question which lets me express my most boring banalities. I'm sure someone out there on thon internet is interested.

Back
Top Bottom