Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

gaijingirl , from what I can tell, the 8.37 doesn't stop at Elephant any more, so it's 8.28 or 8.44. You'll need to push your way onto those trains. If you didn't push some unfortunate out of the way, someone else would do it to them so don't feel bad about it.

Really, I'm a fan of the 68. Never done it in commuter hour to be fair though. So fair enough.

Anyway, safe travels and good luck with the thing you're travelling to :)

to be fair, it's handy for Russell Square.. I used to have the choice of that or the 59 back to Brixton and change and often the latter was quicker.

Argh! Ran to station to get 8:21 - doesn't exist! Jumped on 196 which pulls away from stop then changes its destination from Elephant to Brixton. Now aiming for 133 which actually takes me direct to my destination. Suited and booted though so doing panic with style! More thrilling updates soon.

There could be many more trains on the "Sutton Loop" but they'd have to terminate at Blackfriar's (this was to be one of the major benefits of rebuilding that station). Residents along the loop succesfully lobbied for the through service to continue, so they can't run any more trains.

Ultimately though, the situation in South London is really really hard to solve. The network is a real jumble of 2 4 and 6 track lines, with loads of flat junctions, and mixed service; local and express, and 6 terminii. The "system" is running close to capacity, but that capacity is constrained by the poor integration and segregation of all the lines and services. It would take billions and billions to sort out, and coordination between many companies and government bodies from borough to national level. So don't expect miracles any time soon.
Yeah, i suppose if they retained the existing through services & added extra ones which terminated @ Blackfriars, that might be an acceptable compromise (though of course the small number of terminating services could prove to be the thin end of the wedge). In the meanwhile, more & more blocks of flats go up, & the trains get busier...

Argh! Ran to station to get 8:21 - doesn't exist! Jumped on 196 which pulls away from stop then changes its destination from Elephant to Brixton. Now aiming for 133 which actually takes me direct to my destination. Suited and booted though so doing panic with style! More thrilling updates soon.
There's an 8.27, which would have you in Elephant at 8.39 if it runs on time. I'd say it took longer than that to get to Brixton.

That's the problem with the buses and trains, unless you know exactly how and when they operate, it's very difficult to get around.

There's an 8.27, which would have you in Elephant at 8.39 if it runs on time. I'd say it took longer than that to get to Brixton.

That's the problem with the buses and trains, unless you know exactly how and when they operate, it's very difficult to get around.
I got to TH at 8:20 and he said the next
train was at 8:37 or something. It was all ok in the end though. Gotta do it all again next week!

I had to get back for an appointment so I got in a cab, and he was saying Blackfriars bridge was closed earlier today too- and canon street is closed in places, they are doing gas works opposite kennington park.... its complete bloody chaos. I'd refuse to leave the house except on foot.... but it's cold!

I have just signed up for Delay Repay Sniper which claims back delayed and cancelled trains on your behalf, lets see if it is worth the £12 a month

I have just signed up for Delay Repay Sniper which claims back delayed and cancelled trains on your behalf, lets see if it is worth the £12 a month
How much is your monthly ticket? I pay £47.70 per month so reckon they won't give back enough to make it worthwhile. You'd want at least £36 per month to make £12 worthwhile.

How much is your monthly ticket? I pay £47.70 per month so reckon they won't give back enough to make it worthwhile. You'd want at least £36 per month to make £12 worthwhile.
I pay £1660 annually, you may be right will see how it goes and unsubscribe if it doesn't work out.

I pay £1660 annually, you may be right will see how it goes and unsubscribe if it doesn't work out.
I have signed up and will get a free trial for the month. Are there consequences to claiming for everything which was delayed whether you were on it or not?

Ok, reading further, my train gets delayed by 30 minutes or more, they divide my ticket by 44, which is £1.08 and then give me 50% off that, 54p. So for the £3 per month service I'll just start earning after the sixth half hour delay.

A £1660 annual ticket is divided by 520 to 3.19. Divide it by two you have £1.60. So to pay £12 a month, you'll net 80p on your eighth claim and each subsequent half hour delay will be worth £1.60. Three 30 min delays per week will get you £20.80 over the year, but you have the effort of claiming.

So I went to the Hotel for lunch.

High beard per square foot ratio. LOTS of small children crawling around in the space by the kitchen pass. Stupid till system. Lots of local staff. Obligatory baby blue Fiat 500 in the car park.

Food was fine - but not exactly cheap.

I think treading on and seriously injuring a small child in the Tulse Hotel is a distinct possibility. I think I might do it in order to raise some awareness among staff and customers. It would be for the greater good. Young bones heal quickly anyway, right?

Did see my first 'customer' ejection in there on Friday lunchtime. A fucked up (drug addled) woman was smashed all ways, coughing and vomming into her lap between drinking shots and cider...She was with some iffy fucker plying her with the drink....he lost control of her really. He tried to order a cab, but she wasn't going....then the beardy, tall, baldy, skinny Italian chap asked her to leave.

She didn't wanna go, so he said he was calling the police. The iffy fucker finally got her shifted and out of the place.

Peaceful lunchtime drink in Tulse Hill? No!

Ok, reading further, my train gets delayed by 30 minutes or more, they divide my ticket by 44, which is £1.08 and then give me 50% off that, 54p. So for the £3 per month service I'll just start earning after the sixth half hour delay.

A £1660 annual ticket is divided by 520 to 3.19. Divide it by two you have £1.60. So to pay £12 a month, you'll net 80p on your eighth claim and each subsequent half hour delay will be worth £1.60. Three 30 min delays per week will get you £20.80 over the year, but you have the effort of claiming.
If you have to do the work of claiming, what is the point of them? Just reclaim directly

Actually, the more I read about that the more it looks like it fits into the 'saw you coming' school of service provision

Back
Top Bottom