Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transvision Vamp

this is wrong on so many levels :mad:

however:

nice lippie.

and:

tom vague seemed to love them.

indeed - was there any reason to think they were any kop other htan WJ seemed to be rather rude?

unlike someone who shall remian nameless said, there was a time and place for Transvision Vamp. It was 15, all alone in your bedroom under the duver cover.

I had a big poster of Wendy James on my wall when I was younger.

My Father said it was better than all the ones of men in makeup that were next to it. :oops:

Didn't the guitarist from Transvision Vamp end up in Babylon Zoo? I think he was a kiwi too.

Elvis Costello wrote an entire album for wendy james and she still maanged to fuck her comeback attempt up.

Oner of the songs he wrote for her was Puppet Girl and she's was so stoopid she didn;t get the irony. - or lacking in self respect.

Wolfie and me know the drummer, my neice lived with him for a few years. :cool:
I used to get confused and tell people he was in manhatten transfer :oops:

Wendy James – the woman who was once on the front cover of the NME claiming, and I quote, "I will win Oscars". What happened to her again? :D

belboid said:
indeed - was there any reason to think they were any kop other htan WJ seemed to be rather rude?

unlike someone who shall remian nameless said, there was a time and place for Transvision Vamp. It was 15, all alone in your bedroom under the duver cover.

Who? Please?

As for me, I was about 9, but I liked their music.

Then I fancied the pants off her when they were has-beens, or as good as.

I still have the CD from when I was about 9 with "flimsier's CD" written on it.

easy g said:
give me The Primitives anyday
Yes, o yes. A greater band all round. :cool:

But TV did have a few decent songs in the early days, such as 'I Want Your Love' and 'Baby I Don't Care'. Although they might subsequently have achieved more impressive longevity if they had cared a little more. :)

I remember an interview - in Vox or something, circa 1991 - in which James spent three pages mouthing off about how incredible she was. Well, if you say so Wendy. :rolleyes:

Thankfully Costello didn't let James waste all of the songs he wrote for her - I believe a few of them were salvaged and released as the 'London's Brilliant Parade' EP. :cool:

I used to have all their albums (I can't think what came over me) but an ex-friend borrowed them and then went incommunicado - not a word since. Says it all really. :D

I loved them when I was about 13. "Landslide of Love" was an awesome track, end of story.

Also, "Pay the Ghosts" was ripped off by Rocket from the Crypt on their song "On a Rope".

I loved transivision vamp! I was about 7 I think when I bought Velveteen (vinyl). Saw 'baby I dont care' on top of the pops and really wanted to be/have wendy james.

LD Rudeboy said:
I had a big poster of Wendy James on my wall when I was younger.

My Father said it was better than all the ones of men in makeup that were next to it. :oops:

Didn't the guitarist from Transvision Vamp end up in Babylon Zoo? I think he was a kiwi too.

Dont know about bands he ended up in. Last thing I knew about was he was a junkie. He was from Brighton, as was are Wendy

The bass player went on to play bass in that shit post grunge band of which the name escapes me. The singer is poking Gwen Stephani.

Tex the drummer had been in loads of bands including X-Ray Specs. He's still knocking about. (could have been my first crush actully).

Wendy had a failed go at being a solo artist and probibly works in the chip shop on Essex Road.

Oh dear. I know way to much about the Vamp. I admit to really liking them when I was 12.

Would still listen to it if I was really pissed I expect.

i have been known to play baby i don't care or revolution baby at beyond fathomability. :cool:

the bassist was in bush, IIRC.

you know you love 'em.

I remember they were really popular in their time, I saw at Brixton twice within about 2 months, I seem to remember the pit being slightly further back as lots of boys me inc were trying to get a good up-skirt of w/j.
Christ i feel old

I have to admit to going to a concert of theirs and was really disappointed when I found out that WJ couldn't sing and looked very rough. The camera does bloody well lie.

Rubbish really. And WJ wasn't all that - she was just a pre-ginger spice girl-next-door-who-would-probably-put-out.

Back
Top Bottom