Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting to discuss a legitimate but contentious topic doesn't necessarily amount to trolling.
Sure it could be that if we thought we could have an interesting discussion. I would actually love to see a kind and open discussion.
However we have seen what happens to threads like these.

It's not pretty,.

It ends up being a horror show. We have lost posters over this.

I don't want to ever see the kind of phrases I saw on the other threads again.

I'm not sure, that is why I started the thread.

I wanted to see an honest debate about the topic.
What do you think you think? You obviously have thought on the subject or you wouldn't have started the thread.
But this type of thread only ever goes one way.

Trans people are part of out society, so excluding people who are trans from sporting events feels wrong, but it also feels wrong that a male weightlifter can transition and a few years late compete as a female.

All you said was it wasn't pretty, so lets be grown up and discus this, we can be adults and have an honest conversation, well at least I know I can.
OK I will use my psy-powers to ensure that no one will be a shit on this thread.

I'm glad everyone on the internet can be adults

that is why the internet is famed for only ever having civil debate

We on urban must have an excellent history of having polite civil discourse over the matter of trans rights....

oh wait...

Last time I checked there was, one for able bodied athletes and the Paralympics (which also is sex segregated), do you think Paraympians should be required to compete in the regular Olympics that's even less fair isn't it?
The athletes who use wheelchairs in the marathon and other long distance events would wipe the floor with the non wheelchair users...

OK I will use my psy-powers to ensure that no one will be a shit on this thread.

I'm glad everyone on the internet can be adults

that is why the internet is famed for only ever having civil debate

We on urban must have an excellent history of having polite civil discourse over the matter of trans rights....

oh wait...
You are self projecting now. Leave it alone, you have chip on your shoulder and need time to calm down, this isn't the thread for you right now.

Trans people are part of out society, so excluding people who are trans from sporting events feels wrong, but it also feels wrong that a male weightlifter can transition and a few years late compete as a female.
That's how a lot of people feel, while others don't feel that way.
Why would it stop women being competaetive in sports like shooting and archery?
I don't think selective inclusion should be a thing. Either allow it wholesale or don't.

A male MMA fighter transitioning to a female might raise a few eyebrows, and seems quite unfair, a female transiting to male would also not be fair.

Where do we draw the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom