Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Field athletics

Nice, nice touch in the high jump. "Shall we both have Gold?" You bet. Lovely to see.
This was absolute horseshit.

Crazy that they chose to do this, when avoiding breaking one of the most fundamental aspects of the sport...can be resolved via some sort of sudden death or whatever. And if that scenario wasn't written in the rules then the rule-writing person should consider other careers (and agreeing to a sudden death type jump-off on the spot would be less ridiculous than agreeing to a tie).

Olympics: "Right, so we've got to decide who gets the gold, and who gets the silver"

Jumpers: "Can't we both have one (lol)"

"Yes, I think that would work. It's getting on a bit and you two are pals"

"Wait, what? I was only j....Nope, yes, sounds ok to us"

"that is, if you two don't mind the lack of a clear winner vs to the risk of a silver

arm fully bitten off

Twitter: "Oh my god, the sportsmanship shown here is a joy to behold"

Not sure if this some Piers Moron type microclimate going on in my head, but all the "what sportsmanship" wallys!...It's not sportsmanship, it's not joyous to both agree to winning!

This was absolute horseshit.

Crazy that they chose to do this, when avoiding breaking one of the most fundamental aspects of the sport...can be resolved via some sort of sudden death or whatever. And if that scenario wasn't written in the rules then the rule-writing person should consider other careers (and agreeing to a sudden death type jump-off on the spot would be less ridiculous than agreeing to a tie).

Olympics: "Right, so we've got to decide who gets the gold, and who gets the silver"

Jumpers: "Can't we both have one (lol)"

"Yes, I think that would work. It's getting on a bit and you two are pals"

"Wait, what? I was only j....Nope, yes, sounds ok to us"

"that is, if you two don't mind the lack of a clear winner vs to the risk of a silver

arm fully bitten off

Twitter: "Oh my god, the sportsmanship shown here is a joy to behold"

Not sure if this some Piers Moron type microclimate going on in my head, but all the "what sportsmanship" wallys!...It's not sportsmanship, it's not joyous to both agree to winning!

Weirdo.

Heh, knew someone would object :D

To be honest, I can see the argument.

Am I right in thinking they issue came specifically because of they way the high jump works, in that they'd both achieved the same record before faulting out with three failures? So it's the fact that you don't exactly win by going better than your competition, you do it by not failing before they do, and so if you both fail at the same time...

I guess you could see it in a race, too, where you can't even separate them by a thousandth of a second? At that point would they just call it a draw?

Men's pole vault final down to the last two. The Swedish guy looking like he could touch the WR but not sure his American opponent will push him that high.

The pole vault final was entertaining today. The Swedish lad Armand Duplantis was head and shoulders above the rest (almost literally). Shame he failed to set a new world record as it looked like he could clear that height (6m 19cm).

Gutted for KJT - though I had a sense of forboding about the Olympics - was always going to be difficult with a fit Thiam.. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a top athlete and be injured for the Olympics, knowing there's another 3/4 years to get even another chance. :(

Ok, Heptathlon goes here as it's got 4 field events to 3 track.

a1d51a12-48c2-49e3-ab58-5841118c0ab2.jpg

:cool:

I assume they know what they're doing but it always worries me how close the javelin measurers seem to be to the javelin when it lands. :bigeyes:

Terrible lack of sportsmanship in the Women's high jump :rolleyes: All 3 of them actively, deliberately trying to outjump each other, flat out REFUSING to share the gold

:p

Back
Top Bottom