Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it descends into transphobia, then no doubt it will (quite rightly). But, in the meantime, you (and anyone else who wants to) can ignore it.
Hey, I hope there is no transphobia here, I just want an honest debate, I'm not sure what to think.

My view is close this thread.

This is essentially trolling.

It will be an argument and the bad will massively outweigh any tiny bits of good.
How is it trolling, I have layed all my cards on the table. I'm not sure what to think. I would like to see some decent debate about the issue.

My view is close this thread.

This is essentially trolling.

It will be an argument and the bad will massively outweigh any tiny bits of good.

Yeah that.

If you're really looking for them, you can find them somewhere in the politics forums.

On the substantive issue, it's very difficult to find the balance between two important competing goods: the rights of trans athletes to compete, and the rights of women to a level playing field. The science is complicated, and I think the balance can only be struck on a case-by-case basis, with the 'red line' being the point at which make biology affords an unfair advantage. The difficulty with that being the overlapping brackets of typical males versus females, and the fact that, by definition, elite athletes are already atypical of their sex.

How is it trolling, I have layed all my cards on the table. I'm not sure what to think. I would like to see some decent debate about the issue.
Trolling is classically starting a debate in the full understanding it will start a argument.

We are telling you that is what will happen but you don't seem to acknowledge that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom