Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Trains into Victoria + Victoria line chat

Worst office I ever worked in was in Victoria. Couldn't get on with the area at all, nowhere to sit and eat lunch outside, just felt cut off from the West End. Was glad to escape back to Covent Garden after two years.

Worst office I ever worked in was in Victoria. Couldn't get on with the area at all, nowhere to sit and eat lunch outside, just felt cut off from the West End. Was glad to escape back to Covent Garden after two years.
Same - I had a bad experience, as a temp, but it was all over after a week luckily. Hammersmith was another horrible time of it too

I too worked in an office, virtually over platforms 18 & 19. Didn't get out a lot, but when I did, had no problems. They were a few good shops, a caff or two for a sarnie, the Victoria was in spitting distance, which always had at least 3 good beers on at any time. The plumbers was just up the road which was fine and so many other pubs around. On top of that, it couldn't have been easier to commute from east croydon. What's not to like?

Sitting? A small green just outside the station and a little park/cemetary down by the department store or the grounds of westminter Abbey and there's more.

I too worked in an office, virtually over platforms 18 & 19. Didn't get out a lot, but when I did, had no problems. They were a few good shops, a caff or two for a sarnie, the Victoria was in spitting distance, which always had at least 3 good beers on at any time. The plumbers was just up the road which was fine and so many other pubs around. On top of that, it couldn't have been easier to commute from east croydon. What's not to like?

Ooo, easy connections to Croydon. Coming in with the hard sell now.

This was on the platform opposite this morning
CW0oK_BWoAAeMM0.jpg

Loved the "smell" of the steam - its a beautiful engine...

Has this thread talked about the cheese shop yet?.

Saved me yesterday when I couldn't wait 45 mins in neils yard dairy

That's the locomotive, not the train.

I travelled behind it a couple of years ago - it works on the daily steam specials on the West Highland Line in the summer.

Used to see the steam trains on platform one at Victoria getting ready to chug off to the countryside as I was pulling in for work. All the happy punters glugging champers at 830 in the morning when all I had to look forward to was a day in the worst office in London. Reason #1083 to dislike Victoria station.

Has this thread talked about the cheese shop yet?.

Saved me yesterday when I couldn't wait 45 mins in neils yard dairy

Might have done. It's pricey and one of the very few places that still sells sage derby. They have a customer that regularly travels half way across the country for that.

Its all about the wheels...incredible things... the brass bits in the control room were very shiny too!

Noooo. The smell. The noise, the feeling of all that power. The romance....they are living, breathing , beating things, so much more than the wheels.

All this week theres been a Jamaican platform announcer on the Vicky tube platfrom going north at Victoria. might be the guy who made the press a year back or so? Not sure - anyway - always gets people laughing

Good morning beautiful people! Hope you have a blessed day today...
Move along to the right and you caaaan go wrong
Just take it easy and sekkle behind the yellow line
Driver - nice up the people dem and take them pon their way
etc
:D

There's a great platform announcer at highbury and Islington who brightens my days when he's there

Back
Top Bottom