Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tokyo Olympics Composer is a shit

Bullying disabled people then doing the music to the paralymipics is a gold medal in soul crushing irony.

Bullying seems to be very much a part of (male) Japanese culture. From school up to corporate level.

Disability is not always championed in Japan and (in one very extreme and horrific case, like the stabbings in 2016) some people can be downright hostile and murderous.

Bullying seems to be very much a part of (male) Japanese culture. From school up to corporate level.

Disability is not always championed in Japan and (in one very extreme and horrific case, like the stabbings in 2016) some people can be downright hostile and murderous.
Why have you chosen to live in such a place?

Yeah. I saw some stuff related to disability happen to a Japanese person I know. Pretty ugly but taken as normal.

On the other hand, the cities have good access to stations and what not, lifts and ramps and the buses are good too. When we were wheeling mother in law around, people were generally helpful, so it's not all as bad as the extremes that make the news.

But this guy is incredibly unsuitable for the gig in hand. There's a petition doing the rounds to have him removed, but with days to go and the general intransigence of the overlords, it's unlikely.

Societies on the whole have good and bad parts. I guess you try to appreciate the good stuff and work on the bad stuff.

Aye, mate.

Every country I've lived in/visited etc has its wrong 'uns. Much to recommend and much to despair over.

Change can never be brought about by keeping mute & unquestioning about shit in society. But you do have to be careful with the ultra nationalists in Japan. Assuming a neutral position in public is the usual mode. It's not ideal but different circumstances etc. Have had one or two encounters with yaks and it's been... interesting. Accentuated laddishness/macho stance, casual homophobia and shirtless bravado.

What a strange question...🤔

...bit like asking someone who is living in England
why would they choose to live in a bullying, racist, dying ex empire of slave trafficking, mass murdering, genocidal cunts, right wing, collossal wanker led country like England.

No offence to the English.
I was born and raised here. I didn't deliberately choose to live in a bullying, discriminatory country.

Aye, mate.

Every country I've lived in/visited etc has its wrong 'uns. Much to recommend and much to despair over.

Change can never be brought about by keeping mute & unquestioning about shit in society. But you do have to be careful with the ultra nationalists in Japan. Assuming a neutral position in public is the usual mode. It's not ideal but different circumstances etc. Have had one or two encounters with yaks and it's been... interesting. Accentuated laddishness/macho stance, casual homophobia and shirtless bravado.
Yeah it does seem to be a keep your head down kinda thing about a lot of this stuff.
I mainly view Japanese culture through the lens of its culture and even I can see some of this stuff due to to the gaps in what is and isn't shown.

I was born and raised here. I didn't deliberately choose to live in a bullying, discriminatory country.
Frankly GTFO.
People are not responsible for the actions of the government of the country they live in. The idea that people have some perfectly free choice to live wherever they wish is the same type of stupid 'personal responsibility' bullshit that is going to kill hundreds (or more) here in the UK over the next few months.

Frankly GTFO.
People are not responsible for the actions of the government of the country they live in. The idea that people have some perfectly free choice to live wherever they wish is the same type of stupid 'personal responsibility' bullshit that is going to kill hundreds (or more) here in the UK over the next few months.
I agree.

However, I would never choose to move to a country which I knew had a bullying, discriminatory culture. Personal choice of course.

Back
Top Bottom