Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Toilet won't stop!

hmm can you reach behind the toilet bowl per chance

should be a thingy to knock the water off

thingy being valve

Do you have one of these behind the toilet? You use a screwdriver on the screw to turn the water off.
8jix3AxFv-3ITeh4lQn4OvrRkR4Q1Z9d9sSlmVTk7KZ3WrWWe8o7yJzmw25rb1vZddzvLlH9VVZ0lAmiKIWX8wCwpzBgO-fW__avh46U-czwPZ9wbzVRYGTWDUpWrnb7Yd883k1-pXdqLY5hEhi4OzqVryyKYWMfirs0x6CCDzNTWcrhYdmovtcfOujbLpmOYEoaYzeqTZcXHL1d-wzL0W0w-JrT7FaJMXEm39E3E7YOlY92DapBXA7vBMsaSrzs2neuRNAqAuE0D50gxqTSgg8fFnqY0xf9UNR59XXCHGKvyqAO5GNNM1PDVm_DRuUN5ZQLNl6MscnEaQCvEw06mvxwcmC8Z-3zMZplVzrrOSCpfakLxqkQAOTfK1RuPa869Gr6wRnAijF7lziLEsQBlUiXcx6zBE-aUyKJ1QAxl7p0mrz_ViIDQnE8WYQ4YD-o-xynSJU35lBQOKRfFNHrLMt-zHyPKMdFTxILGDB9wNjDW5jGBP6dKrymzYtxlOHlkbo_t-yH2-SsEOs66iVYSrUuCJpUgy5wawnuanytkKfMIMGCGB2bwescUoCyMa_xdP2wQrWFr7Kr8rvExJOTKDjbV24-GpDIMRbX7hgwbSiM8ylWyNhJE-E-IzdHwCFkMtbPhpKzPsmbMVJ2eW8h-A5gNQnvEdookKyoxJLWCNxYDBh4c7wYQOW9ymRfPZesVaXFPEwPZcnGXcfLR9DMDndr54cwHeD3byaxQGVvlvag-zLcZzX7b4exMxfnd_0bWwtdPgzIMmO2-_9im5GNhdxCZBhNw8J_7iMTgUiugsGOHFuGU0OVyKLbEJ8Sc7a8oiUObh-iphKkwPPa9rQjvP6CCfiIOsXHFekGwB7fSRdX2QUv9BGIROROGZpvSDHnjx8UMgNsbGXbhITISyaZ0Mi0TSHrVdk4OMxZ9Miru_ccRrB7Uw=w585-h780-no

It you turn off that tap then you won't have a toilet. Better to figure out where its getting stuck inside the toilet and how to flush/stop it. Must be a lever or simalar in there somewhere?

stop shitty water coming into the kitchen then figure out whats blocking toilet
toilet will still have water in to assist with plunging

priorities people

stop shitty water coming into the kitchen then figure out whats blocking toilet
toilet will still have water in to assist with plunging

priorities people
Ok i missed the bit about the leak into.the kitchen before.

Reactions: Ax^
Ok i've done my best. Thanks very much for the help but I have no idea where anything goes. The tube connecting to the flush has disconnected...somehow. I cannot see anywhere it connects to. Nor can I see anyway within the system to turn off the flow of water to the toilet. Maybe that's in the cabinet bit next to the cistern panel (iyswim) but the screws on there are so stiff i just cannot move them, not even with all the wd40 I can spare. I need to take a dinner break, but thanks again.

Attachments

• 20230202_185022.jpg
    20230202_185022.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230202_185027.jpg
    20230202_185027.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230202_185511.jpg
    20230202_185511.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230202_185516.jpg
    20230202_185516.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230202_185524.jpg
    20230202_185524.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230202_185535.jpg
    20230202_185535.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 34
You need to get into the cabinet

Normally a geet big flathead screw driver jabbed in an obvious joint and levered will get you into a boxed off cistern

Once you are in check if water it still trickling in. Lift the stop cock, does it stop the water. If so adjust the shitty little plastic screw till the oggin stops

Work out how to put the wall back together and pay yourself if the back for saving a shit ton of cash on a plumber

hmm this appears to be the water supply pipe can you use screw driver to turn the center to stop water being supply

track into cupboard next door to check if their is a something to turn as well

if you cannie do it turn the whole water off

clean shitty water up and the smell through floors is horrible

Attachments

• 20230202_185524.jpg
    20230202_185524.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Cid
You need to get into the cabinet

Normally a geet big flathead screw driver jabbed in an obvious joint and levered will get you into a boxed off cistern

Once you are in check if water it still trickling in. Lift the stop cock, does it stop the water. If so adjust the shitty little plastic screw till the oggin stops

Work out how to put the wall back together and pay yourself if the back for saving a shit ton of cash on a plumber
I wish I had, as you can see i got the panel open, but I have no idea what's happened or where the flush is even meant to connect as it's come completely loose. If the cabinet i mentioned is something I need to access then I unfortunately don't have the tools to unscrew it. The screws are just too tight

hmm this appears to be the water supply pipe can you use screw driver to turn the center to stop water being supply

track into cupboard next door to check if their is a something to turn as well

if you cannie do it turn the whole water off

clean shitty water up and the smell through floors is horrible
I don't know, i couldn't see where you need to screw and i didnt want to break it

water off for the whole house it is then fella :)

you have tried giving the toilet a good plunging I take it

Have you looked at getting into the top of the cistern? Can you lift the lid off it. It will reveal all. Like a soggy ark of the covenant.

this might help but looks like the would have to wrench it off but worth a go

Have you looked at getting into the top of the cistern? Can you lift the lid off it. It will reveal all. Like a soggy ark of the covenant.
I think that's the key, but the lid is obscured by the panel on top of the cabinet which i cannot budge. It's been there for so olong undisturbed.

I need to take a break. Switched off the mains water so it's Stillsuits for tonight unless i can get into the cistern.

Thanks again folks. Really appreciate the cistern mechanic tech support

Yes you need to get that brown/orange coloured top piece of the cabinet off if you can.

Then you should have access to the actual cistern itself which is the grey/black thing within and hopefully the top will lift off that letting you see what's got stuck inside.

I think that's the key, but the lid is obscured by the panel on top of the cabinet which i cannot budge. It's been there for so olong undisturbed.

I need to take a break. Switched off the mains water so it's Stillsuits for tonight unless i can get into the cistern.

Thanks again folks. Really appreciate the cistern mechanic tech support
hey used to living in a shared house and walking in from a shift at 10pm with shit coming thru the ceiling on a friday

got new carpets after it but the horror.....

Check that the cabinet panel on top doesnt just slide out horizontally, as in pull it towards you rather than trying to lift it upwards.

Good advice from teuchter surely who ever put it in expected it at some point to be looked at

give it a few bangs around to see if it loose up

I don't know, i couldn't see where you need to screw and i didnt want to break it

The bit at the bottom is a valve. In the middle of it is a slot. You give that a half turn with a screwdriver and it will turn the supply to the cistern off.

GPID_1000359154_IMG_00.jpeg

I.e this thing. The sticky up bit in the middle is the bit that you turn. If it's stiff hit it with a bit of WD40 or similar, if you have it.

Back
Top Bottom