Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Time off in Looe

It is mental crowded in the summer.

Railway line is nice: does a massive corkscrew out of Liskeard and reverses at one of Britain's least used stations (Coombe Junction) or sometimes just the junction itself. You want to be backwards-facing on the left-hand side leaving Liskeard for the best view.

Get away from the crowds, weather permitting, get out on the water. A trip to the Eddystone Lighthouse perhaps.
Cheers, will look into boat trips
I haven't been for a long time, so cannot vouch for the info.

Coastal walk in both directions is good. I remember walking to Polperro and getting a ferry back. The other way you can go to the monkey sanctuary. The steam train between Looe and Liskeard is enjoyable.
Think I’ll do a bit of a walk and a bit of a boat trip then find a pub. Pasty wise I’ve been recommended Sarah’s by a bloke at work who says they’re so good he buys them to take home with him and freeze
It is mental crowded in the summer.

Railway line is nice: does a massive corkscrew out of Liskeard and reverses at one of Britain's least used stations (Coombe Junction) or sometimes just the junction itself. You want to be backwards-facing on the left-hand side leaving Liskeard for the best view.
Thanks - I hoped you would have a view on the train journey as that’s how I’m getting there. Hopefully quiet on a Tuesday

Cheers, will look into boat trips

Think I’ll do a bit of a walk and a bit of a boat trip then find a pub. Pasty wise I’ve been recommended Sarah’s by a bloke at work who says they’re so good he buys them to take home with him and freeze

Thanks - I hoped you would have a view on the train journey as that’s how I’m getting there. Hopefully quiet on a Tuesday
The Looe Valley line is superb. At Combe Junction the guard leaves the train, and changes the points manually with a lever. St. Keyne Wishing Well Halt must be the quirkiest station name on the whole network. Beautiful scenery.

Back
Top Bottom