Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Official Dorset Thread

I'm surprised Bournemouth is there (which many consider to be Hampshire) and not sandbanks. St Brelades Bay in Jersey is an amazing beach. My friend got married there, I kind of hate jersey but I loved that beach.
It's not the best jersey beach though although it is pretty

Anyway I came to post this
IMG_20170510_100921839.jpg
Oi Dorset, don't go poaching our London nurses . Luring them there with a nice beach or three :mad:

There's a Seven Seas Festival on next Sunday in Poole.

Seven Seas Festival - What's On Sunday

I will be heading for the 'Caribbean Boat' stage and can vouch for Afrotallawah, the band on at 3:30. Then running on to the 'Rio carnival' stage to catch the last of the Latino combination. I will be going nowhere near the 'Ed Sheeran Experience'. :D

If anyone fancies coming along and meeting up, let me know!

I ventured into Bournemouth town centre yesterday and had one of those 'I feel like I'm on holiday and I live here' moments. The sun was out despite a weather forecast to the contrary, Bournemouth Square was buzzing, the gardens were full of cheer leaders of varying sizes practising for the competition going on at the BIC, and my friends were doing a carnival dance display on the steps of the Pavilion.

19958952_1425237670901097_4385581204764103273_n.jpg

Last edited:
I don't particularly like bournemouth at times but it has got a really good atmosphere in the summer. It's fucking carnage at night though!

I don't particularly like bournemouth at times but it has got a really good atmosphere in the summer. It's fucking carnage at night though!
Yes, I always tell my Airbnb guests that there are better places to be than the town centre on a Friday or Saturday night. But daytime by the pier is good.

Blimey twentythreedom what's being going on? Boat adventures? Pirates?
Boat adventures. Went round the Channel Islands for a week with a mate, then did the Round The Island Race and was heading from Gosport back to Portland when the port chainplate fitting (the bit that the wires that hold the mast up attach to) sheared, causing the whole rig to collapse. Massively rare and completely unforeseeable. Luckily no one hurt and no major damage to hull or deck - just 10 or 15K's worth of mast / boom / standing rigging / running rigging / new sails / masthead lights and instruments cut free and despatched to the deep :( Video on Swanage Lifeboat website (2nd July)

All in the hands of the insurers now - they have been extremely helpful and are on the case tbf - so hopefully she will be refitted and back sailing within a few months. She's a rare 1984 cruiser-racer so everything will have to be custom built.

She's gonna be the Six Million Dollar Man of yachts :)

"We have the technology to rebuild her" :thumbs::cool:

My plan of sailing round to Poole for a Dorset urbs meet is scuppered :(

Meet up at mine in say September, bbq maybe?

We all must get something organised soon

Back
Top Bottom