Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Time off in Looe

Kilmanorth Woods are teh nice...if you are into that sort of thang. :)

*over the bridge...THE car park on left...walk thru and you are into them.

Oh and Talland Beach is lush,,agin IF you are into that kind, of beach,,...it is to be found next cove West of Looe...strong legs strolling distance. :)

And if you going to do Whitsand you may aswell put in some effort fer Rame Head...lickle church...heart rendering churchyard...and the walk out along the coast is nicely. :)

Maggot said:
Am gonna be staying in Looe (Cornwall) for a bit of a break and was wondering what things are of interest in the area?

Did you choose to go there just so you could post this particular thread title?

;)

boskysquelch said:
And if you going to do Whitsand you may aswell put in some effort fer Rame Head...lickle church...heart rendering churchyard...and the walk out along the coast is nicely. :)

Its a great walk. In the summer the sound of silence hurts your ears and I guess this time of year it could be described as either bracing or foggy.

There is a cute little seaside town which is either Kingsands or Cawsands either way which ever one you start at you can walk to the other. Nice little traditional seaside village with loads of community stuff always going on plus usual boating lot.

Good pub on the front and in the winter they have a good fire to sit beside while you drink your pint, eat your meal and watch the waves break over the wall.

Sniff wish I was there.:( :)

PS I think Looe itself was pretty crappish...

the train journey up to liskeard's supposed to be quite pleasant. unfortunately liskeard itself is a shithole

nightowl said:
the train journey up to liskeard's supposed to be quite pleasant. unfortunately liskeard itself is a shithole
It's only 'up' to Liskeard if you're coming from down here. For the rest of the country it's 'down' to Liskeard'. I have friends in London who always talk about coming up to Cornwall :rolleyes:

madzone said:
It's only 'up' to Liskeard if you're coming from down here. For the rest of the country it's 'down' to Liskeard'. I have friends in London who always talk about coming up to Cornwall :rolleyes:

hmm, but if you're talking about the journey from looe then most people would say up to liskeard

I'm bumping this as I am going to nearby Liskeard this weekend. Got free tickets to see Madness at the Eden Project. :cool:

Any other suggestions of things to do in the area.
Live outdoor music at Polperro Carnival and Saltash Regatta this Sunday. Picnic in Thorn Park, 12-2, Rosie Crow at the Albion, 4pm, both Liskeard. Looe Valley line, Bullers Arms, Looe usually has music Sunday afternoon. Etc. Kernow bys vyrken.

Oh God, that site :D

Looe Cornwall England - ONLINE GUIDE

Use the menu or search box above to find what you are looking for!

The site uses a clutterless design with easy-to-find items.

Other advertising options available from just £30 for a whole YEAR!

Want a personalised email address? Yours for just £12 a YEAR!

We hope you'll consider joining us soon.

We can benefit your business.

Why not give us a try?!

Considering a weekday in Looe a few weeks from now as I have a days flexi. It’s a cheap trip on the train, any tips? Was thinking to have a few pints, fish and chips, a walk, perhaps a swim though not sure of poo situation.

Anywhere nice for lunch? Walking - I guess I can do the coast path

I haven't been for a long time, so cannot vouch for the info.

Coastal walk in both directions is good. I remember walking to Polperro and getting a ferry back. The other way you can go to the monkey sanctuary. The steam train between Looe and Liskeard is enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom