Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This Should Settle The Dorset Vs Devon Debate

As I said - I like both. Dorset does have some nice places. But in scale, scope and variety I don't think Dorset can match Devon. Isle of Purbeck is lovely. But less than half the size of Exmoor. Cranbourne Chase is also a scenic and pleasant area - but no nicer than the South Hams, with less nice villages and towns. Dancing Ledge and surrounding coast is up there with the best bits of English coastline - but easily matched by the south Devon coast. I've not been to Wareham Forest - but I can't believe for a minute that it can compete with Dartmoor which is almost 400 square miles and has examples of ancient cloud forest.

See, size doesnt matter to me ;)

I find this emmet thing kind of rude. I mean you're all quite happy to make your money out of tourists but then view them as tiresome idiots. I've never liked that attitude.

The south is stressful. Northumberland and Scotland are my favourites :)

I find this emmet thing kind of rude. I mean you're all quite happy to make your money out of tourists but then view them as tiresome idiots. I've never liked that attitude.

Me too. Plus I didnt know about it until recently and was glad the urban has made me suspicious. I quizzed a mate from there and googled etc.... Its the 'in crowd' mentality innit.

The emmet thing is Cornish really. They are hung up on the "come looke at our greate natione... fuck off and stop clogging up the roads... that'll be £46.50 please... english invaders.... build us a better road... damn westminster... can we have more money..etc".

I agree about the north and scotland. I think the actual landscape is far superior up there and the people friendlier. It's just so fucking cold!

Devon has filthy poisonous soil

How dayre ye speake of our fyne Devone red soile! :mad:

(smotes)

red_earth_450x338.jpg

(dabs proud tear)

The New Forest is the worst for that. Filled with arseholes uttering moans about grockles at every tiresome opportunity, despite the fact that most of them seem to have moved slightly out from the stockbroker suburban belt a whole year or two before.

You can find the biggest concentration of wankers in the country around Salisbury imo. It's like a breeding ground of excellence for public schoolboys and unpleasant curtain twitchers.

The only time I have heard mention of grockles is on this board tbh. Never heard it in Devon.

:D As with most things then

THere's probably one old hermit in a cave in Devon somewhere who actually says it and the rest is on postcards tourists buy.

an old friend of mine has just messaged me on facebook. After a very rock'n'roll lifestyle, she now manages a campsite down on the Lizard that sounds ace :D

so i'm up for it

Because of your comments you are barred from Devon. Please seek alternative routes to Cornwall :p

Back
Top Bottom