Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This Should Settle The Dorset Vs Devon Debate

El Jefe

.. the Rural Juror
Devon, around midday yesterday

6015_147499776059_725241059_3385644_5552855_n.jpg

Dorset, an hour or so later

6015_147499736059_725241059_3385637_7235852_n.jpg

The Dorset coast seems to have a weird micro-climate. I've been there many times and experienced great weather when it's been grey and dreary elsewhere.

i was camping in devon yesterday. if i'd known dorset was so sunny i would have headed on over :(

i was camping in devon yesterday. if i'd known dorset was so sunny i would have headed on over :(

yeh, we wasted* a couple of days on a fogbound hill and mere minutes away it was baking hot and gorgeous.

(* we were wasted for a couple of days, truth be told :D )

Having just been camping in gale force winds on Lundy Island, I can only agree with the above post.

And don't try and tell me that Lundy is a separate entity - it's clearly just a bit of Devon biscuit that got dunked in the Bristol Channel for a few seconds too long...

Luckily I am going to Dorset on holiday next week :)

Peter Gabriel is one of those men that was dorky in his youth but got sexier as he got older. Thought I'd share that with you.

Devon has had so much rain this summer. It's been a real soggy one. Were you on the Blackdown Hills? They are always foggy.

I have been to Dorset 4 times this year for 4 seperate holidays. I like it - although the actual coast and countryside isn't quite as varied and interesting as Devon. On all 4 holidays we got a fair bit of rain though. Also the east side of it is very Hampshiresque - which is a definate minus. It all starts to look like the south east - busy roads dotted with garages and car showrooms.

Somerset is fairly rubbish however. Flat with weird looking villages and really, really grim towns, and terrible beaches.

Also the east side of it is very Hampshiresque - which is a definate minus. It all starts to look like the south east - busy roads dotted with garages and car showrooms.

The very east side of Dorset IS Hampshire, whatever the bastards behind the 1974 boundary revisions might try and tell us :mad:

Dorset - some lovely beaches. Nice coast. Some pretty bits inland. Some ok towns. Other than that - there isn't really that much there.

Devon has Exmoor and Dartmoor. The Atlantic Coast, the South Hams, loads more nice little villages and towns. The southern coast. Nice beaches.

I like both. And as I said, I have and will holiday in Dorset again. But I don't think it really has nearly as much to offer as Devon.

Dorset - some lovely beaches. Nice coast. Some pretty bits inland. Some ok towns. Other than that - there isn't really that much there.

Devon has Exmoor and Dartmoor. The Atlantic Coast, the South Hams, loads more nice little villages and towns. The southern coast. Nice beaches.

I like both. And as I said, I have and will holiday in Dorset again. But I don't think it really has nearly as much to offer as Devon.

now i am confused about the issue, my earlier certainty has gone :D

Devon, around midday yesterday

<picture>

Dorset, at a completely different time

<picture>

The pictures should really have been taken at the same time for the comparison to be a fair one.

Invalid thread.

We were talking about this holiday to a mutual friend and before we mentioned any more, she had identified the campsite and location on the Devon/Dorset borders.

Apparently it's a bit of a local weather weird spot, renown for that foggy shit. Didn't bloody mention that on the campsite website, did they?
:mad:

Back
Top Bottom