Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire

I would like to see a collaboration between John Waters and David Simon.

It might end up looking something like this scene from Pink Flamingos.

pink-flamingos-chiken.png

Simon was the executive producer, head writer, and show runner. The show is his baby, and his vision and direction will inform every episode, and all that occurs within.

Back when I cared enough to do so, I researched the makeup of the Wire's audience. Although it wasn't nonexistent, a black viewership was notably absent. In fact, a viewership was notably absent. The show received poor ratings.

Yeah right, there was a guardian article a few years back where it was stated by a couple of Baltimore heads who basically said "the only thing unrealistic thing about the Wire, is that you don't see anyone watching the wire".

And yes the Wire had poor ratings, but that doesn't mean squat about the quality of the program.

And yes the Wire had poor ratings, but that doesn't mean squat about the quality of the program.

Of course not. It just means that the average person didn't watch it, but it is still of course available for appreciation by the intelligentsia, the cognoscenti, and the literati. :)

It might end up looking something like this scene from Pink Flamingos.

pink-flamingos-chiken.png

Yup, because David Simon is well known for his interest in sex scenes involving chickens. :facepalm:

I think it would be more like Omar Little and Dawn Davenport going on a murderous rampage together.

Yup, because David Simon is well known for his interest in sex scenes involving chickens. :facepalm:

I think it would be more like Omar Little and Dawn Davenport going on a murderous rampage together.

I think John Waters would try to slip an interspecies sex scene in there somewhere, betwixt all that ghetto gore...

Last Friday's Front Row on radio 4 had an interesting item on casting non-actors, much of it revolving around The Wire. It's still on iplayer/listen again. I didn't know that the girl who played Snoop had killed someone for real. :eek:

I loved snoop. Last words asking how her hair looked. Also for demolishing the accuracy drive-by shooting 'In B-more we aim to hit a nigga'

Back when I cared enough to do so, I researched the makeup of the Wire's audience. Although it wasn't nonexistent, a black viewership was notably absent. In fact, a viewership was notably absent. The show received poor ratings.

I'm struggling with this one, why wouldnt black people watch the Wire? Not something I've pick up over here. Like someone else pointed out most people I know watched the box sets as it was first shown here on cable and quite late in the evening at that.

watched the ''Fran's Blues'' episode yesterday and quite enjoyed that. It's coming together but there's only so much you can achieve in 6 episodes.

watched the ''Fran's Blues'' episode yesterday and quite enjoyed that. It's coming together but there's only so much you can achieve in 6 episodes.

I'm glad you liked it. You're right about its limits, I'd guess thats why they expanded the theme and tried to cover more bases in The Wire.

Trivia: The real DeAndre McCullough plays Brother Mouzone's sidekick in The Wire (yes, I should get out more :oops:)

wouldn't be shocked thinks he is about for a film festival thingy at the minute.

He is pretty unmistakable isn't he?
I have been accused of seeing things/people before but I was really sure.

Not an intimidating man I am sure, but for some reason I felt less inclined to say hello to him than I did when I saw Sandi Toksvig last week.

just try imagining his character from family affairs as opposed to stringer bell

2898692607_e257348a03.jpg

see? not scary at all.

see? not scary at all.

That works for me....

I enjoyed (enjoying still) The Wire greatly so would have liked to say cheers or something. Not actually scared of the man just try to avoid saying hello to people who don't know me and I am not 100% on who they are in public places. Perhaps I am timid or shy or something?

Not having a go or anything, but I don't understand why people feel the need to say hello to every famous person they see. I'd never do it, just out of respect for other peoples privacy. Imagine it the other way round, having total strangers come up to you every five minutes while you are trying to get on with stuff.

Back
Top Bottom