Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Virgin Mary

All I would say, if it seems like hard work to get in touch, Mary is your mother if you come to Jesus.

Of 20 billion or whatever of us that have existed she alone was 'full of grace'. That's her title.

Immaculate, worthy of bearing and nursing our lord.

If you asking for a pay rise or good luck with a bet then no.

If you are asking foe the little boy or girl accross the street for a bit of grace, then yes

Where did he say this?
Luke 1:1 to 1:2

Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

I.e., I've investigated the things I've heard about.

I assume that Luke and The Author of Luke are two different people.
Luke is also mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles, and in some of the letters of Paul. He's referred to as a doctor. I think bible scholars agree that Luke was the author of the gospel of Luke and also Acts.

According to The Unauthorized Version, by Robin Lane Fox (1991), which I just consulted from my extensive library, the consensus seems to be that Luke and Acts were written by 'a companion of Paul', which I think implies not an original Disciple.

Luke 1:1 to 1:2

I.e., I've investigated the things I've heard about.
It strongly implies that he wasn't an eyewitness. But it doesn't rule out the possibility that he was an exceptionally conscientious one.

According to The Unauthorized Version, by Robin Lane Fox (1991), which I just consulted from my extensive library, the consensus seems to be that Luke and Acts were written by 'a companion of Paul', which I think implies not an original Disciple.
Yes, Luke wasn't one of the original disciples.

Back
Top Bottom