Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

shoeshopsally

Heya,
Does anyone know when/if the second series of the 'the thick of it' is starting anytime soon?
I heard rumours of late October but havn't seen anything in a while. Its such a good show, really looking forward to it!

There was a trailer I saw today for it, with lots of Malcolm in but incredibly before the watershed. :eek: They didn't give a start date, just "coming soon".

My three favourite sitcoms of this decade are all on or approaching new runs at the moment; Peep Show, Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Thick Of It. :cool:

I know we're not supposed to like Chris Langham anymore, but the first series did revolve around his character, and he was good in it, wasn't he?
Still, can't wait for the new series. Can't get enough of Malcolm Tucker.

Great quotes :D

Our ten favourite Tucker quotes

• Responding to knock at his door: "Come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off."

• Tucker's Law (out-take from the Spinners & Losers special): "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up cause that cunt's a cunt."

• Moaning about minister on the phone: "He's about as much use as a marzipan dildo."

• To a pair of rival advisors: "Laurel and fucking Hardy! Glad you could join us. Did you manage to get that piano up the stairs OK?"

• Dressing down MP, Geoff Holhurst: "You're so back-bench, you've actually fucking fallen off. You're out by the fucking bins where I put you."

• Commenting on Ben Swain's disastrous Newsnight appearance: "All these hands all over the place! You were like a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra."

• Bollocking a communications department employee: "How much fucking shit is there on the menu and what fucking flavour is it?"

• Advising minister Hugh Abbot to keep up with the zeitgeist: "You've got 24 hours to sort out your policy on EastEnders, right? Or you're for the halal butchers."

• Note passed to assistant Jamie during meeting with blue-sky thinker Julius Nicholson: "Please could you take this note, ram it up his hairy inbox and pin it to his fucking prostate."

• Admonishing junior adviser Ollie Reeder to respect government property: "Feet off the furniture you Oxbridge twat, you're not on a punt now."

My four favourite current comedy shows are all in new runs or about to start; Peep Show, Curb, HIGNFY, and now the mighty Thick Of It. Oh how good is it to be alive now?

Now off you fuck.

It's personal, it's backslapping, it's borderline homoerotic, and you are an innocent victim of a nasty media stitch-up. :D

I too am going to have a Tucker wallow this weekend. :cool:

Let's oil up and get fucking :eek::D

3763053172_4293e7273f.jpg

:( No Tom Hollander from the looks of it, shame.

It's personal, it's backslapping, it's borderline homoerotic, and you are an innocent victim of a nasty media stitch-up. :D

I too am going to have a Tucker wallow this weekend. :cool:

Let's oil up and get fucking :eek::D

Anyone else tempted to cross out all the contenders when they vote next year and just write Malcolm's name there instead? :cool:

Don't start with the moral objections, you fucking Blue Peter badge wearing ponce! Go and make a contribution to the fucking Amnesty International! Go and buy a goat a whole village can fuck, but you are doing this for me!

I am always trying to decide which character (after Malcolm obviously( i love/hate most and I think it has to be Olly - he is so marvellously shallow and self serving :D

"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up cause that cunt's a cunt."

Probably my favourite ever, even more than 'Come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off'

Hey hey, don't leat him hear you doing that sort of stuff! What happens if he does stand a chance, eh? He'll fuck you harder than Ron Jeremy and with less warmth.

Cant wait! My mrs doesnt get it describing it as 'just scottish people swearing'. Her loss :)

Actually, to be fare to the rest of the characters, Malcolm, and Jamie to a certain extent, do need the others to bounce their venom off.

I drew a picture of Malcolm in his typical mood and pinned it to my bedroom door with "Come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off" written underneath. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom