Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Taliban taxi drivers of London ... this reads like a Chris Morris spoof...

Divisive Cotton

Now I just have my toy soldiers
:hmm:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/24/uk-based-taliban-afghanistan
British-based men of Afghan origin are spending months at a time in Afghanistan fighting Nato forces before returning to the UK, the Guardian has learned. They also send money to the Taliban.

A Taliban fighter in Dhani-Ghorri in northern Afghanistan last month told the Guardian he lived most of the time in east London, but came to Afghanistan for three months of the year for combat.

"I work as a minicab driver," said the man, who has the rank of a mid-level Taliban commander.

All very plausible until this...

'Spy planes have patrolled British skies in the hope of picking up the same voice signatures of the fighters after their return to the UK'

Who believes this shit?

It - if true - has fuck all to do with 'multiculturalism' and everything to do with bombing the fuck out of and occupying other countries numbnuts

I think it's more likely to have more to do with Doug Ellis and Randy Lerner, myself.

The dead body of an insurgent who had an Aston Villa tattoo has also been discovered in southern Afghanistan.

Enough to drive anyone over the edge, I'd imagine.

it would be surprising if the taliban weren't recruiting amongst the population of western countries tbh. They'll get a few takers too I'd imagine...

I know ex-Mujahideen fighters in south London - one a 'doctor' for them back in the day - who have worked as minicab drivers for 10-15 years. Like anyone, they want their country free of invaders, especially Christian invaders.

I know ex-Mujahideen fighters in south London - one a 'doctor' for them back in the day - who have worked as minicab drivers for 10-15 years. Like anyone, they want their country free of invaders, especially Christian invaders.

Yeah, I know a travel writer and teacher who taught English to Saudis for a bit in the 80's. In between terms they'd be away in 'Stan fighting the soviets.

I guess that's why my response is 'can't say i blame them'

people here are defending british people (and yes you can't have both ways they are now british) fighting uk soldiers, ffs, sometimes I despair of urban, and yes, i have said i know of marines who have fought what they call 'brummie taliban'

get the fuck out with the RAFaction fantasies, etc, these are fascists..

people here are defendng british people fighting uk soldiers, ffs, sometimes I despair of urban, and yes, i have said i know of marines who have fought what they call 'brummie taliban'

god, fighting UK soldiers! How terrible!

I've got no sympathy for people fighting for the Taliban, fuck 'em, bunch of reactionary fantasists. But the idea that fighting UK soldiers necessarilly makes you some kind of pantomime villain? That's balls too.

hope they get killed quickly.
the MUJ and the taliban made such a god awful job of running their country just about anything was better.

This would be the country they love so much they've left to become mini-cab drivers in the UK.

Fucking Sean Connerys, the lot of them.

All very plausible until this...

'Spy planes have patrolled British skies in the hope of picking up the same voice signatures of the fighters after their return to the UK'

Who believes this shit?

That's just how I read it! :D How bonkers is that

people here are defending british people (and yes you can't have both ways they are now british) fighting uk soldiers, ffs, sometimes I despair of urban, and yes, i have said i know of marines who have fought what they call 'brummie taliban'

British soldiers shouldn't be there fighting a bosses' war you reactionary nationlist moron.

actually not that bonkers nimrods R1 and sentinal have flown missions over the UK and have gear for intercepting radio signals etc.
They won't obviously talk to much about what they were doing but it was a task rather than traning missions

This would be the country they love so much they've left to become mini-cab drivers in the UK.
Yeah, the immigrant cunts, trying to make a better life for themselves and their families while giving a shit for those back home facing the world's most advanced war machines

fucked up situation. cunts killing cunts.

great journalism as always from Ghaith Abdul-Ahad tho. he's the new fisk.

The Guardian said:
A Taliban fighter in Dhani-Ghorri in northern Afghanistan last month told the Guardian he lived most of the time in east London, but came to Afghanistan for three months of the year for combat.

"I work as a minicab driver," said the man, who has the rank of a mid-level Taliban commander.

"You can't turn round and tell me that it's right for girls to go round dressed like tarts," he added. "I see it all the time when I'm out with the car. Personally I blame alcohol and homosexuals, hanging's too good for that lot. Don't you get me started on the Jews either. I had that Osama bin Laden in the back once."

:(

Yeah, the immigrant cunts, trying to make a better life for themselves and their families while giving a shit for those back home facing the world's most advanced war machines

Yeah, wonderful additions to the population of the nation. Work here, fuck off home and fight.

Yeah, wonderful additions to the population of the nation. Work here, fuck off home and fight.
Blimey, you've gone all nationalist too. The guy has every right to live here and fight for what he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, the UK taxi driver angle is only the headline grabbing part of the story. The article's mainly about village taliban in Afghanistan, which as far as I can see are locally-supported resistance to occupation.

i wonder how much longer he can go without running into some serious bother (altho i think he was actually kidnapped in iraq and talked his way out of it)...?

this new piece is very candid, too candid?

Back
Top Bottom