Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Nazi snails are on their way to your garden

Veronika94

Banned
Banned
Dear Forumers,

I believe that a personal acquaintance has painted the flag of Nazi Germany on to the shells of loads of snails for some reason. And I imagine some people may see them and say "Those Nazis! They just still have not given up, have they..."

Veronika Oleksychenko

Has anyone else noticed that there seem to be more snails around recently, especially after it's rained? When I walk to work there's always loads on the pavement and grass verges.
Not nazi ones just your normal snails.

Dear Forumers,

I believe that a personal acquaintance has painted the flag of Nazi Germany on to the shells of loads of snails for some reason. And I imagine some people may see them and say "Those Nazis! They just still have not given up, have they..."

Veronika Oleksychenko

This is what is troubling you?

"Letters purporting to be from a Brexit-supporting Russian woman living in the UK have prompted claims of a targeted “disinformation” campaign after an allegedly “fake persona” was used to send anti-EU messages to regional newspapers ..."

Mystery as ‘Russian woman posing as local resident’ targets newspapers with pro-Brexit letters in ‘disinformation campaign’

Has anyone else noticed that there seem to be more snails around recently, especially after it's rained? When I walk to work there's always loads on the pavement and grass verges.
Dear Indeliblelink,

Thank you for your comment, but I have not noticed that there are more snails these days, even if it rains. I have also not seen personally any Nazi ones. My acquaintance just told me that he apparently did this Nazi snail thing. I don't know why he did this quite unusual project.

Veronika Oleksychenko

Dear Forumers,

Veronika Oleksychenko

So you heard about the fake persona hyping their book and thought it was a bit of a wheeze and I'll try it out on urban as my latest incarnation.

0/10 for originality.

(Even if your synthetic snail army does come decked out in MAGA caps, or whatever.)

Dear Forumers,

Veronika Oleksychenko
I’m a zen practitioner and have not encountered this koan before. I shall meditate on this one. A lotus to you.

So you heard about the fake persona hyping their book and thought it was a bit of a wheeze and I'll try it out on urban as my latest incarnation.

0/10 for originality.

(Even if your synthetic snail army does come decked out in MAGA caps, or whatever.)

That is what I assume is going on, too, but 0/10 seems unfair for a reasonably original ploy. The serial revenant creativity baseline is not very high. I’m giving Veronika94 a solid 5/10.

Funny you should say that because I had been wondering whether it was a lack of snail-life that was responsible for blackbirds seemingly outnumbering the delightful thrush by about 100/1.Possibly the wrong thread for this

That's very generous of you, considering they stole someone else's idea.
Why are you assuming that it's someone imitating the person who wrote to the regional newspapers? The name turns up similar posts on at least 3 other message boards over the years. Obviously they could all be different people with no ability apart from that of being able to mimic writing style, but, you know, Occam's Razor.

Back
Top Bottom