Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The lonely tech post thread.

Excel users, I want to highlight a row and then use the arrow keys, or similar, to move up and down, so I know which row I’m working on. Is this possible? It must be, everything is possible in Excel.
shift space highlights current row, ctrl shift space highlights the column

If you want some sort of highlighted cross hairs to appear for every cell you click on, then you are looking at VBA with a. worksheet.selectionChange event - but beware that going down this route may have the unintended consequence of emptying your clipboard

Alternatively - go into accessibility in your windows and set the mouse to flash up where it is every time you hit Crtl

I am going to an event with two friends and have been emailed 3 tickets (I purchased them)

We need to add them to our phone wallets (there is not a print at home option)

Is there anyway to do this except by emailing each of them the ticket email and saying “only add seat 279”?

I am going to an event with two friends and have been emailed 3 tickets (I purchased them)

We need to add them to our phone wallets (there is not a print at home option)

Is there anyway to do this except by emailing each of them the ticket email and saying “only add seat 279”?
Depends on what format the document the tickets are in is.

Minimum, if each ticket fits on one screen, you could just do a screenshot for each one.

Feeling indulgent and just ordered a second hand quest 2 128gb from eBay for £130. It's going to mostly used for PCVR so not having the latest chip isn't the end of the world and it's a price point that my worries about lack of content are probably OK.

Did I imagine it or was there a general VR thread. All I can find is old ones and apple hating.

Feeling indulgent and just ordered a second hand quest 2 128gb from eBay for £130. It's going to mostly used for PCVR so not having the latest chip isn't the end of the world and it's a price point that my worries about lack of content are probably OK.

Did I imagine it or was there a general VR thread. All I can find is old ones and apple hating.
PCVR?

How powerful a PC would you need for that?

I'm procrastinating a little here but I've been asked to write a short use case for a piece of tech.

I'm using the following structure: system, actors, scenario, use case.

Is there an accepted way to write these?

intro summarizing it all and brief conclusion if you've got any?

I tend to find that they write themselves - "all the words are there it's just a matter of getting them in the right order"

I'm procrastinating a little here but I've been asked to write a short use case for a piece of tech.

I'm using the following structure: system, actors, scenario, use case.

Is there an accepted way to write these?
ChatGPT

Title: "Out-of-This-World Adventure: The AstroBounce Use Case"

Actor: Emily - A fitness enthusiast and outdoor adventurer looking for a unique way to stay active and have fun in unconventional environments.

Goal: Emily aims to find an innovative piece of equipment to add excitement to her outdoor activities and fitness routine.

Scenario:

1. Discovery: Emily learns about AstroBounce, a cutting-edge space hopper designed for both terrestrial and extraterrestrial adventures, through an online fitness community known for exploring unconventional workout methods.

2. Research: Intrigued by the concept, Emily delves into research about AstroBounce, reading reviews and watching demonstration videos to understand its design and versatility.

3. Acquisition: Impressed by the positive feedback and the promise of adventure, Emily purchases an AstroBounce from the manufacturer's website, opting for expedited shipping to start her new fitness journey as soon as possible.

4. Unboxing: When the AstroBounce arrives, Emily eagerly unboxes it, marveling at its durable construction and space-themed design.

5. Outdoor Exploration: Emily takes her AstroBounce to a nearby park with varied terrain, including grassy fields and forest trails. She inflates it and begins bouncing, enjoying the sensation of weightlessness and the challenge of navigating uneven surfaces.

6. Fitness Challenge: Emily incorporates AstroBounce into her regular fitness routine, using it for cardio workouts, agility drills, and balance exercises. She finds that the unpredictable nature of bouncing adds an extra layer of excitement and engagement to her workouts.

7. Social Sharing: Emily documents her AstroBounce adventures on social media, sharing photos and videos of her bouncing escapades with friends and followers. Her posts generate curiosity and interest, inspiring others to try AstroBounce for themselves.

8. Community Engagement: Emily organizes a meet-up at the park for fellow fitness enthusiasts to try out AstroBounce together. They spend the day bouncing around, exchanging tips and tricks, and encouraging each other to push their limits.

Outcome: By incorporating AstroBounce into her outdoor adventures and fitness routine, Emily discovers a fun and unconventional way to stay active, challenge herself, and connect with like-minded individuals who share her passion for exploration and adventure.

It's quite a lot of fun. I've not done anything serious with yet, but spent time exploring with it last night to get familiar. The various tech demos are fun, as is Google Earth. I just wish they labelled hills a bit more, I know this is probably pretty niche, but it's great to fly over areas like the Peak District and North Wales, which I know quite well, but to get my bearings differently. Even my partner who doesn't really get spending money on tech was impressed with how cheap it was, and her reactions were priceless.

The indictment goes into detail explaining that the scheme allegedly worked by exploiting the ethereum blockchain in the moments after a transaction was conducted but before the transaction was added to the blockchain.

These pending transactions, the DOJ explained, must be structured into a proposed block and then validated by a validator before it can be added to the blockchain, which acts as a decentralized ledger keeping track of crypto holdings. It appeared that the brothers tampered with this process by "establishing a series of ethereum validators" through shell companies and foreign exchanges that concealed their identities and masked their efforts to manipulate the blocks and seize ethereum.

To do this, they allegedly deployed "bait transactions" designed to catch the attention of specialized bots often used to help buyers and sellers find lucrative prospects in the ethereum network. When bots snatched up the bait, their validators seemingly exploited a vulnerability in the process commonly used to structure blocks to alter the transaction by reordering the block to their advantage before adding the block to the blockchain.
Wasn't the single indivisible action they thought it was?

:eek:

Infrastructure used to maintain and distribute the Linux operating system kernel was infected for two years, starting in 2009, by sophisticated malware that managed to get a hold of one of the developers’ most closely guarded resources: the /etc/shadow files that stored encrypted password data for more than 550 system users, researchers said Tuesday.

The unknown attackers behind the compromise infected at least four servers inside kernel.org, the Internet domain underpinning the sprawling Linux development and distribution network, the researchers from security firm ESET said. After obtaining the cryptographic hashes for 551 user accounts on the network, the attackers were able to convert half into plaintext passwords, likely through password-cracking techniques and the use of an advanced credential-stealing feature built into the malware. From there, the attackers used the servers to send spam and carry out other nefarious activities. The four servers were likely infected and disinfected at different times, with the last two being remediated at some point in 2011.

Had a meeting this morning with CTO, CIO and two other managers to officially tell me I'm leading the project to migrate all the phones from Sophos to Intune. It will be the first Intune deployment PCs are still on SCCM. I think there's about 1500 phones. I've never led a project before. Or written a business case.

This afternoon fucking Intune wouldn't register any of my test devices after doing yet another factory reset. Nothing changed on the tenant. This does not fill me with confidence...

Intune and SCCM take fucking forever to actually poll devices or update on the portal

Yes I vaguely remember the joy from my time at the MSP with windows devices.

This was different as it was actually timing out on the devices. When it goes live the oldest devices will be replaced, but most will have to be factory reset and enrolled. In an ideal world I'd do it all remotely and get them to scan the QR code, but I'm not sure i can trust users to tap the screen 6 times? So we will probably call them in and do it batches. I now have a fear of this happening early in the project.

Yes I vaguely remember the joy from my time at the MSP with windows devices.

This was different as it was actually timing out on the devices. When it goes live the oldest devices will be replaced, but most will have to be factory reset and enrolled. In an ideal world I'd do it all remotely and get them to scan the QR code, but I'm not sure i can trust users to tap the screen 6 times? So we will probably call them in and do it batches. I now have a fear of this happening early in the project.

Anoop is the go to guy for questions if you get stuck and if you post here I’ll try and help I just don’t have access to the portal anymore to check my answers but I’ve worked with it last few years

Could you do a step-by-step video to take people through it? Then you'd be able to concentrate on the people who couldn't do it?

/may be daft suggestion :)

Anoop is the go to guy for questions if you get stuck and if you post here I’ll try and help I just don’t have access to the portal anymore to check my answers but I’ve worked with it last few years

Thank you. If the tech behaves itself, it's the project stuff that scares me most. But after a week of testing with a few devices to see it not behave itself was rather unsettling, although I've absolutely seen Intune be a nightmare with Windows. I'll certainly check out the link properly next week.

Could you do a step-by-step video to take people through it? Then you'd be able to concentrate on the people who couldn't do it?

/may be daft suggestion :)

No, it's very sensible. Microsoft recommend way in fact. But then there's users and Microsoft clearly trusts them more then me. And if they miss it they'll set the phone up as a personal device. Which would be a total pain. Luckily I won't have to do most of the migrations, there's a small team who deals with phones. But I think it's probably best I'm on the ground at least when it starts to see the problems?

That said nhs.net obviously do trust people as I've found their guide so maybe I'm over thinking this (our hospital doesn't use nhs.net because politics basically, but I think they're probably correct)

I just bought a 128GB Quest 2 for €50 with no controllers. I believe it can be used with hand gestures instead of the controllers but will see.

Back
Top Bottom