Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

Blimey: "The PKK should stay away from interfering in the affairs of the Kurdistan Region; such interference is unacceptable."

That's pretty bellicose stuff. Full-scale Kurdish civil war looming now?
I hope that rubbing of the hands is just for warmth.

I hope that rubbing of the hands is just for warmth.

Of course it is. Don't be silly.

I despise the PKK, and I have no problem seeing their military capacity degraded, but no-one wants more war. In fact the main problem I have with the PKK's boosters on here is the alacrity with which they howl for war in a nation they'll never have to visit.

did you follow that story about the two italian girls who were kidnapped in syria last year, butchers? the press have insisted and insisted that they were never in the custody of ISIS or Al-Nusra, with the government having admitted to paying something in the region of 5 million pounds each for their release - but to who exactly? if the Japanese hostages are not in fact dead, then perhaps this is just a final warning to get those wire transfers finalized...

Blimey: "The PKK should stay away from interfering in the affairs of the Kurdistan Region; such interference is unacceptable."

That's pretty bellicose stuff. Full-scale Kurdish civil war looming now?

You must have ended up using a box of Kleenex after reading that?

You must have ended up using a box of Kleenex after reading that?

Don't be so bloody ridiculous. I'm always saddened by reports of war.

Indeed the problem I have with your position on this conflict is that you seem willing to support the most aggressive and irreconcilable elements throughout. You seem willing to shout and bawl for war in far-off lands of which you know virtually nothing. Not very appealing behavior really, is it?

Tbf I'm not even sure if you were the worst offender, but there have been plenty of posters here glorifying the PKK, referring to Ocalan as "the Boss" and generally cheering them on. While (needless to say) not being personally affected by the situation in the slightest.

Don't be so bloody ridiculous. I'm always saddened by reports of war.

Indeed the problem I have with your position on this conflict is that you seem willing to support the most aggressive and irreconcilable elements throughout. You seem willing to shout and bawl for war in far-off lands of which you know virtually nothing. Not very appealing behavior really, is it?

Tbf I'm not even sure if you were the worst offender, but there have been plenty of posters here glorifying the PKK, referring to Ocalan as "the Boss" and generally cheering them on. While (needless to say) not being personally affected by the situation in the slightest.

Who's been doing that?

As far as I'm aware he is not an MP but was president of the NT Labor party and a trades unionist.Interesting to find out where he has gone,it merely says "to join a Kurdish militia".

Sorry my bad, i thought he was an MP. A typical SMH article though, fuck all worth reading.

Just put Phil on ignore, he contributes nothing but shitting on threads

This thread is a lot better with phil on ignore just an FYI

Phil blocked. Much better thread.

Just put Phil on ignore, makes urban much better

Phil's just trying to destroy yet another thread, it'd much better if people could just ignore him.

Why not just put the ISIS-apologist, kurd hating twat on ignore?

if people just stick him on ignore/don't respond to him hopefully we can rescue the thread

It's not that I object or anything, but I must wonder why you keep on saying this? Over and over again? When no-one ever takes a blind bit of notice?

Seems like an exercise in futility to me, but each to his own like.

Last edited:
YPG to declare Kobani liberated pretty soon.

Interesting listen here (of course it's a security perspective top-down state powers focused program) esp the first bit about Cizre where hudapar are being used as a AKP proxy (kurd on kurd violence as they insist on calling it) and how that's expanded. 2nd half about the differences between KRG centralised Iraqi Kurdistan and decentralised PKK areas and the tensions and fears etc of the former of the latter making an inroad into their zones, their attempts to insert themselves in Kobani etc - peshmerga's loss of reputation, PKK's gain etc.

Last edited:
YPG to declare Kobani liberated pretty soon.

IS down to a few remaining streets, & cut off, apparently - seemed very unlikely in October. Staunch. The Peshmerga assault on Mosul should limit IS opportunities to regroup.

The KRG have released combat footage of the Peshmerga advancing on Mosul - no gore, but deaths at a distance. I'm no war nerd, & I don't buzz off snuff, but I've not seen milan rockets used before (around 3mins), & they're devastating, startlingly accurate - game changing, presumably, in this type of conflict. A crate of these could have stopped IS before they reached Kobani - & could put a dent in any advancing regular army. You'd think NATO would be wary of handing them out.

IS down to a few remaining streets, & cut off, apparently - seemed very unlikely in October. Staunch. The Peshmerga assault on Mosul should limit IS opportunities to regroup.

The KRG have released combat footage of the Peshmerga advancing on Mosul - no gore, but deaths at a distance. I'm no war nerd, & I don't buzz off snuff, but I've not seen milan rockets used before (around 3mins), & they're devastating, startlingly accurate - game changing, presumably, in this type of conflict. A crate of these could have stopped IS before they reached Kobani - & could put a dent in any advancing regular army. You'd think NATO would be wary of handing them out.
Bit of a waste using them on soft skinned vehicles but very effective and obviously a great morale booster, NATO isn't worried about supplying AT as I doubt we will ever have any armour in the area again, different matter re; SA.

Back
Top Bottom