Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

Pub down the road from me....

2ypl0jo.jpg

The jet was losing altitude before it came down. The poor pilot :(
You take the shilling, you take the chances, saying that,in most conflicts you have an evens chance of being treated as a POW, not with these bastards.

You take the shilling, you take the chances, saying that,in most conflicts you have an evens chance of being treated as a POW, not with these bastards.

Given they'll quite happily behead aid workers I wouldn't give much chance to someone who's actually been dropping bombs on them. Then again, it's more what the person is 'worth' than any religious ideology, if they can secure a good ransome (and I imagine you don't get to be a fighter pilot in Jordan without some fairly decent level of privilege) then he'll probably get out that way. Western hostages are also more valuable for the headlines they can generate (something the press ought to show a bit more awareness of), and that might not be the case here.

Given they'll quite happily behead aid workers I wouldn't give much chance to someone who's actually been dropping bombs on them. Then again, it's more what the person is 'worth' than any religious ideology, if they can secure a good ransome (and I imagine you don't get to be a fighter pilot in Jordan without some fairly decent level of privilege) then he'll probably get out that way. Western hostages are also more valuable for the headlines they can generate (something the press ought to show a bit more awareness of), and that might not be the case here.
Apparently you are right,one faction wants to,execute him the other side wants him kept alive as a 'bargaining chip'
Either way,I can't imagine a worse fate than being a prisoner with this lot.

An Xmas message from Mossad? :hmm:

Note the ratio of sourced to unsourced claims in the writeup, is all I'm saying.
It's basically just an collection of stories from other media sources - i've seen every single story in other places, i've been mentioning them throughout the last week in fact - that simply suggests that the increase in such stories reported by other sources might indicate an actual rise in internal tensions during a period in which ISIS have come under the most intense pressure they have ever faced. I think you're being a tad too suspicious. This does tally with stuff that informed sources not at all connected with mossad have been reporting.

It's basically just an collection of stories from other media sources - i've seen every single story in other places, i've been mentioning them throughout the last week in fact - that simply suggests that the increase in such stories reported by other sources might indicate an actual rise in internal tensions during a period in which ISIS have come under the most intense pressure they have ever faced. I think you're being a tad too suspicious. This does tally with stuff that informed sources not at all connected with mossad have been reporting.

OK, maybe a tad :D

I imagine you don't get to be a fighter pilot in Jordan without some fairly decent level of privilege

The RJAF is quite (by ME standards) egalitarian and meritocratic. I spent 6 weeks with a squadron there and the crew were quite diverse including Chechens (as ethnic Circassians are referred to in Jordan) and Palestinians.

Which conflicts? If you went over the side in Afghanistan, the Balkans, Iraq I, II or III I don't think you could expect a glass of brandy and a firm handshake from the welcoming party.

The Falklands was probably the last conflict where British aircrew could expect anything like GC treatment.

Which conflicts? If you went over the side in Afghanistan, the Balkans, Iraq I, II or III I don't think you could expect a glass of brandy and a firm handshake from the welcoming party.

The Falklands was probably the last conflict where British aircrew could expect anything like GC treatment.
True, but then again,should we try to apply our values to the those involved in conflicts in the ME?

The RJAF is quite (by ME standards) egalitarian and meritocratic. I spent 6 weeks with a squadron there and the crew were quite diverse including Chechens (as ethnic Circassians are referred to in Jordan) and Palestinians.
yes even a chimney sweep gets the background education to end up flying a shiny deathplane. We can dream of such levelling.

ISIS long term viability continues to look bleak given the conditions in areas it controls.
The Islamic State’s vaunted exercise in state-building appears to be crumbling as living conditions deteriorate across the territories under its control, exposing the shortcomings of a group that devotes most of its energies to fighting battles and enforcing strict rules.
Services are collapsing, prices are soaring, and medicines are scarce in towns and cities across the “caliphate” proclaimed in Iraq and Syria by the Islamic State, residents say, belying the group’s boasts that it is delivering a model form of governance for Muslims.
Slick Islamic State videos depicting functioning government offices and the distribution of aid do not match the reality of growing deprivation and disorganized, erratic leadership, the residents say. A trumpeted Islamic State currency has not materialized, nor have the passports the group promised. Schools barely function, doctors are few, and disease is on the rise.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...092-11e4-b936-f3afab0155a7_story.html?hpid=z1

Back
Top Bottom