Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

One notes that they apparently looted it first, so perhaps this was more about criminality rather than their vehement opposition to gods that have been dead for three thousand years.
An article posted weeks back on IS funding mentioned that as well as kidnap\extortion\oil they were also selling artefacts on the shady markets.

a regular feature of jihadi activity in e london, they've been at it for years.

I find the fact there are loads of Twitter personalities enthusiastically supporting ISIS from the uk quite weird. How come they've not been picked up? Mind you i am sure the police are using resources far more productively, tracking down climate change activists and so on.

The radio report said twitter had promised to squash IS accounts, but thats not going to work is it- five minutes to register a new account via proxy.

now destroying Hatra

does anyone have any idea how many other important archaelogical sites lie in ISIS-held territory, therefore coming under threat? I have no idea, but I know there are lots in Syria, perhaps more in the Western half of the country though closer to the sea.

now destroying Hatra

does anyone have any idea how many other important archaelogical sites lie in ISIS-held territory, therefore coming under threat? I have no idea, but I know there are lots in Syria, perhaps more in the Western half of the country though closer to the sea.

Dont know - but Ur will probably be safe because they will think it is something you say on twitter.

Some grim pictures on twitter, supposedly of ISIS fighters beheaded by pro-Assad militia.

they can make a pledge and perhaps send some fighters but from what I read BH has serious territorial ambitions at home - this will be more of a token gesture I'd have thought?

they can make a pledge and perhaps send some fighters but from what I read BH has serious territorial ambitions at home - this will be more of a token gesture I'd have thought?

Its probably more about accepting the idea of al-Baghdadi as caliph and gaining legitimacy in those circles as a result than it is about any kind of alliance / agreement to support / follow orders.

Its probably more about accepting the idea of al-Baghdadi as caliph and gaining legitimacy in those circles as a result than it is about any kind of alliance / agreement to support / follow orders.
that makes sense. I had been wondering if JAN splitting from AQ proper might signal them forming alliance with IS- or wether the religious and practical differences might be too great for that.

that makes sense. I had been wondering if JAN splitting from AQ proper might signal them forming alliance with IS- or wether the religious and practical differences might be too great for that.

Religiously I dont think there would be that much of a problem for them to do that - one either accepts that he is a genuine caliph or not - but practically one would have thought that anyone who felt sympathy for IS amongst their ranks would have long since joined them anyway.

I find some of the stuff about al-Q and Jabhat al Nusra being more moderate and potential allies against IS quite sickening.

I find the fact there are loads of Twitter personalities enthusiastically supporting ISIS from the uk quite weird. How come they've not been picked up?

Maybe a lot are bait accounts operated by the plod to fish in people for further attention? Deduct also a certain number that will be regular teenager pricks trolling for attention and Walter Mittys doing their own undercover fishing, pedo-hunter style.

nah i have just found another one that seems to be a genuine jihadi. Anyone come across a sumbag called Abu Baraa?

Back
Top Bottom