Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Graham Linehan Shitshow

Orang Utan

Psychick Worrier Ov Geyoor
I wanted to post an example of Linehan’s latest crazed outbursts, but there’s no specific thread.
Anyway, aside from doubling down on the transphobia, he’s now expanded his repertoire to hating on other minorities.
I wonder if he was like this all along and hid it, or if he’s ‘just’ lost the plot and his drift to hateful grifting is a result of serious mental breakdown. I’m sensing it’s a bit of both.

IMG_0817.jpeg

I don't think he is grifting is he? Not that I'm following what he does at all closely so I might be wrong but I don't see there's a lot of cynical monetisation going on, he seems like a genuine true believer at this point.
He’s desperate for cash as his previous income has disappeared.

I don't think he is grifting is he? Not that I'm following what he does at all closely so I might be wrong but I don't see there's a lot of cynical monetisation going on, he seems like a genuine true believer at this point.
I've no idea how he makes his money now, though he's always moaning that his 'stance' on trans issues has killed off his career. Well, erm, yeah, it would do.

He’s desperate for cash as his previous income has disappeared.

Yeah he probably is because he's properly fucked it up. That doesn't in itself make him a grifter though does it? I don't really see someone who's gone 'you know what, instead of writing a new sitcom I reckon I can monetise YouTube, ' more someone who's lost the plot flailing around.

Maybe he'll be able to make an income from it though I don't know. If he does it'll go further and further down the hole that's for sure.

Yeah he probably is because he's properly fucked it up. That doesn't in itself make him a grifter though does it? I don't really see someone who's gone 'you know what, instead of writing a new sitcom I reckon I can monetise YouTube, ' more someone who's lost the plot flailing around.

Maybe he'll be able to make an income from it though I don't know. If he does it'll go further and further down the hole that's for sure.
I guess it depends what you mean by grifting.
He does appear to be scraping a living out of doing this shit

I wonder, do you send your formal CV to GB News or just copies of your spittle flecked twitters?

Having seen that video now I doubt whether he leaves his house much. The man looks a bit unwell

I think that's probably just bad lighting and age. I'm pretty sure he's still attending plenty of dinner parties with the upper echelons of British comedy and liberal society.

Is he working for GBN yet? If not then it's probably only a matter of time.
Dunno, but like you I was thinking it would be the natural progression.

I'll qualify this by saying I don't have an ounce of sympathy for him and this is all his own doing, However it's interesting to see how comprehensively he's become persona non grata. Even the tory party refused him a pass for the conference, though he did manage a fringe meeting. As always, this is about reputational damage and a rather panicked response from the various bodies who have binned him. Probably not a principled stance on trans rights.

I think that's probably just bad lighting and age. I'm pretty sure he's still attending plenty of dinner parties with the upper echelons of British comedy and liberal society.
Maybe, though I'd guess not. He's no longer the writer who could make an actor's career and he comes with enough of a bad smell for the rest of his former pals to drop him I'd have thought. In fact I vaguely remember him moaning that he'd asked various bigwigs to back him and they'd pretty much all refused.

He's gone completely down the rabbit hole, just like Lozza. He's obsessed, poisoned by hatred. He can't hear himself, he can only say the rehearsed phrases that get him applause.

Of course he's claiming to be cancelled. But as long as he's booked to appear, booked to speak, paid to write, he's not cancelled at all.

Prejudice is an illness and he needs intensive care.

He's gone completely down the rabbit hole, just like Lozza. He's obsessed, poisoned by hatred. He can't hear himself, he can only say the rehearsed phrases that get him applause.

Of course he's claiming to be cancelled. But as long as he's booked to appear, booked to speak, paid to write, he's not cancelled at all.

Prejudice is an illness and he needs intensive care.
I thought he pretty much had lost all of his writing gigs?

I wanted to post an example of Linehan’s latest crazed outbursts, but there’s no specific thread.
Anyway, aside from doubling down on the transphobia, he’s now expanded his repertoire to hating on other minorities.
I wonder if he was like this all along and hid it, or if he’s ‘just’ lost the plot and his drift to hateful grifting is a result of serious mental breakdown. I’m sensing it’s a bit of both.

View attachment 395243

This is just nonsense. There's at least one white musician getting prime time space on British TV :mad:

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for him and this is all his own doing
I do. It is all his own doing, of course, but on a human level, of course I have sympathy for him. He’s backed himself into a corner where he appears to be picking up all kinds of reactionary and conspiratorial thinking, and his mental health seems to have suffered. It’s a real shame. He was a talented writer, and I still think his sit coms are among the funniest TV in the last quarter century and more.

It’s perfectly possible to feel sorry for arseholes.

Maybe, though I'd guess not. He's no longer the writer who could make an actor's career and he comes with enough of a bad smell for the rest of his former pals to drop him I'd have thought. In fact I vaguely remember him moaning that he'd asked various bigwigs to back him and they'd pretty much all refused.

Sure, but see e.g the Ayoade and Ross endorsements of his book. I'm sure he's not attending the official parties, but the dining rooms of Islington are where people put aside their differences and reminisce. Mind you, he was married to a Serafinowitz, and now he's not, so I suppose that's a foot removed from those doorways.

I think it reveals a lot about the character of the Gender Critical movement that they are all still egging him on and not one person seems to be saying are you sure you don't need to sit this out for a while. I wonder how many of them will be there to pick up the pieces if he does really crash.

Back
Top Bottom