Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Fuck Parade Strikes Back! - Reclaim Camden, Reclaim the Beats Sat July 11th 7pm

Reports on twitter of riots, police everywhere, dogs, traffic carnage and a few rumours of a man with a gun

No idea what's goin on now but it was very peaceable before. Started at the Camden Tube then wandered up to the Lock with a banner over the street and then wandered back. Some of the Class War crew then started agro in the street opposite the Underworld. At that point I left.

Full marks to Simon Subvert for his ace fire breathing at various points.

4 out of 10 to the 12V sound system folks, shame because there are plenty of good mobile 12V rigs out there. Perhaps they should read the relevant Urb75 thread on this very topic no less!!!

i think there was a technical hitch wrongspeed - last time that bin was belting it out...seemed like it wasnt working properly from the off. it was turned off for ages early on too
also last time there were about 6 sounds in the convoy....missing today

No idea what's goin on now but it was very peaceable before. Started at the Camden Tube then wandered up to the Lock with a banner over the street and then wandered back. Some of the Class War crew then started agro in the street opposite the Underworld. At that point I left.

Full marks to Simon Subvert for his ace fire breathing at various points.

4 out of 10 to the 12V sound system folks, shame because there are plenty of good mobile 12V rigs out there. Perhaps they should read the relevant Urb75 thread on this very topic no less!!!

1. If you paid attention you would have noticed a large group of Polish Neo-Nazis that had just come out of a gig in Underworld. That's what the bother was about. So, cheers for fucking off when those ghastly CW types start defending ourselves. The Evening Standard miraculously manages to miss mention of the white supremacists in it's report.

2. The Gabba Death Machine's main amp blew after about 20 minutes. You should bring what you wish to see, not sneer from the edges.

1. If you paid attention you would have noticed a large group of Polish Neo-Nazis that had just come out of a gig in Underworld. That's what the bother was about. So, cheers for fucking off when those ghastly CW types start defending ourselves. The Evening Standard miraculously manages to miss mention of the white supremacists in it's report.

2. The Gabba Death Machine's main amp blew after about 20 minutes. You should bring what you wish to see, not sneer from the edges.

thanks for the clarification, in hindsight i got it wrong. I did wonder what all those people were queuing up to see earlier on.

sobota doesn't strike me as a rapper who would attract a neo-nazi fanbase. Maybe i'm wrong.

It's well known camden town is a social hub for visiting fascists.

Any news on those arrested?

the empirical evidence suggests you're mistaken.

perhaps. But a cursory look around Sobota's background shows he has come in for a lot of hostility and racist abuse because he has a black partner and a mixed race son. (It's mostly in polish so maybe a polish speaking comrade can put some flesh on the bones of that).

Maybe neo-nazis would spend £18 to see someone who is the cultural embodiment of multi-racial diversity, i don't know. Maybe they just like the noise he makes.

perhaps. But a cursory look around Sobota's background shows he has come in for a lot of hostility and racist abuse because he has a black partner and a mixed race son. (It's mostly in polish so maybe a polish speaking comrade can put some flesh on the bones of that).
yeh. being as a mutual friend with a similar family structure recently announced he voted ukip anything's possible. i don't know how much the poles paid to see yer man on sat, but unless the underworld now letting people in for free they'll have paid quite a bit.

Last edited:
yeh. being as a mutual friend with a similar family structure recently announced he voted ukip anything's possible. i don't know how much the poles paid to see yer man on sat, but unless the underworld now letting people in for free they'll have paid quite a bit.

i don't think we have any mutual friends pickmans :(

There could be other reasons for their attendance. Attending a gig isn't evidence of someone being a fan of the artist.

Back
Top Bottom