Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The French Revolution

Laura Mason published The Last Revolutionaries: The Conspiracy Trial of Gracchus Babeuf and the Equals last year.

If you're unfamiliar with Gracchus Babeuf, his Conspiracy of Equals attempts a revolutionary revival in the Directory period (1795-9) that tries to go further than the Jacobins, by putting together a programme of abolishing property. For this reason his legacy has some fanfare amongst Marxists.

Here, is an extended interview with Mason discussing this particular facet of the French Revolution. Highly recommended!

Laura Mason published The Last Revolutionaries: The Conspiracy Trial of Gracchus Babeuf and the Equals last year.

If you're unfamiliar with Gracchus Babeuf, his Conspiracy of Equals attempts a revolutionary revival in the Directory period (1795-9) that tries to go further than the Jacobins, by putting together a programme of abolishing property. For this reason his legacy has some fanfare amongst Marxists.

Here, is an extended interview with Mason discussing this particular facet of the French Revolution. Highly recommended!

I bought her book last year. I like me a bit proto-communist history. The Spectre of Babeuf by Ian Birchall is what I've earlier read on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom