Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The revolution that worked ?

Sadly, despite being a fan of the moon, celebrating various things and, within reason, paying due regard to history and cycles, I shall be filing this one under 'unusual ivory tower variations'.

I suspect our relationship to time and work does need to change, but I doubt this lunarchy will end up making the list of compelling drivers of such change. Its about as much use as the following.

I can't take him seriously, since he continued to play at day-of-the-dead themed street theatre in the immediate aftermath of Ian Tomlinson's killing.

do you mean on the actual day?

if so - that not really fare as initially all that was known was that a man had collapsed and died. the fact that hed been assaulted by the cops some 10(?) minutes earlier didn't come out till later (after the assult he got up and walked - but then sat down as the effects of internal bleeding started to take effect). I was there on the day and I think it was several days later that the full facts emerged.
Also - the day of the dead street theatre stuff was - IIRC - over and done with by the time Ian Tomlinson's was killed (late afternoon)

I went to one of their talks... it was Chris Knight. It was interesting. And not as bonkers as at first sight. Now I can't entirely remember how the arguments went.
the one talk by CK i went to he was literally spitting bile about chomsky - the level of anger he appeared to have towards him was bizarre - i walked out

Back
Top Bottom