Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cure vs The Smiths

how can you be nostalgic for something you don's even remember?

• Total voters
The Cure are a bit wank aren't they :D

I mean The Smiths were wankers as well, but they were our wankers

tough one. The Smiths meant the world to me at the time, more than anyone. But since then, I rarely listen to them. Whereas not only did the Cure make fantastic singles, but also a lot of their more experimental stuff - like 17 Seconds - still sounds great.

I actually can't vote :D

This is a challenging poll, but it has to be the Smiths as far as I'm concerned, much as the world would be poorer for the lack of either.

tough one. The Smiths meant the world to me at the time, more than anyone. But since then, I rarely listen to them. Whereas not only did the Cure make fantastic singles, but also a lot of their more experimental stuff - like 17 Seconds - still sounds great.

I actually can't vote :D

Not many people realise that the Cure were experimental. Just cos they were a pop band I think

Agree that The Cure were a singles band. The Smiths didn't really ever set a foot wrong. I love The Cure, but The Smiths were better.

Imagine how much Rob Smith will cry when he loses this poll :D
You should have picked Joy Division instead. That'd get em brawling in the aisles a bit. Obviously Joy Division would win though - Morrissey's left it far too late to hang himself.

I know. Do Joy Division v Nirvana.

You should have picked Joy Division instead. That'd get em brawling in the aisles a bit. Obviously Joy Division would win though - Morrissey's left it far too late to hang himself.

I know. Do Joy Division v Nirvana.

Nirvana are much better than Joy Division

some of the cure's early stuff is fantastic, but a lot of the later stuff is very lame. the smiths, however, were fantastic the whole way through. although the cure have had a much, much longer carreer than the smiths. but the cure are pretty much robert smith these days, aren't they? so i think it's fair to compare robert smith with morrissey and judge it that way :D ;)

some of the cure's early stuff is fantastic, but a lot of the later stuff is very lame. the smiths, however, were fantastic the whole way through. although the cure have had a much, much longer carreer than the smiths. but the cure are pretty much robert smith these days, aren't they? so i think it's fair to compare robert smith with morrissey and judge it that way :D ;)

morrisey is still ace

rob smith stopped being cool about the same time as the word ace

I love The Cure but it would have to be The Smiths for me. They're the band that mean more to me than any other really and I feel genuinely sad that I never saw them live. :(

Back
Top Bottom