Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Closing Ceremony

Back when I had people on ignore, their name would show up, but it would say 'you have this person on ignore' or something like that.

That was always a clue that there was more than one person in the discussion.
it's different now, you don't see the post at all. if their post is at the end of a thread, when you're looking in the forum, you can't even tell that they've posted. It's quite nice, as it removes the temptation to ignore that you're ignoring someone, and read the message. It's like they don't even exist.

it's different now, you don't see the post at all. if their post is at the end of a thread, when you're looking in the forum, you can't even tell that they've posted. It's quite nice, as it removes the temptation to ignore that you're ignoring someone, and read the message. It's like they don't even exist.

I would have liked it better that way. You're pissed at someone, but you still keep having to look at their name.

Back when I had people on ignore, their name would show up, but it would say 'you have this person on ignore' or something like that.

That was always a clue that there was more than one person in the discussion.

Oh and I had a dream that I was in love with you last night Firky :hmm:

I had a dream that my car ran out of gas, and when I went to get help, I ended up balanced on top of a fence, while two dogs tried to bite me. The later dream was better: I was on vacation in this nice hillside town, maybe somewhere in southern Ontario.

I was worried that you were going to say, "you did meet me! At such and such and you said this and that."

That's happened a couple of times, met people off here and have no recollection of it. Apparently I have met scifi-sam! :D

I was worried that you were going to say, "you did meet me! At such and such and you said this and that."

That's happened a couple of times, met people off here and have no recollection of it. Apparently I have met scifi-sam! :D

We may well have but I don't remember :D :oops:

...anyway

The Closing Ceremony.

The Daily Mash take on it is pretty good -

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...apologises-for-closing-ceremony-2012081337959

WAYNE Hayes, a middle-aged sales executive from Carlisle, has expressed regrets about the Olympics closing ceremony beamed directly from his brain.

Hayes, who organisers deemed to be the most typical man in Britain, curated the ceremony via special electrodes attached to his head which fed details of everything he likes into a giant computer. This information was then transmitted into the Olympic Park in the form of incredibly lifelike holograms.
Hayes said: “I thought that everyone loves a bit of Annie Lennox and Oasis to get themselves in the party mood but judging by the four hundred thousand death threats on my Twitter feed this morning, apparently not.
“All I wanted was to recreate the brilliant spectacle of an early 1990s Brit Awards show and I tried to do that by free associating acts with the first words that came into my head, hence Fatboy Slim/octopus, and Annie Lennox/Viking boat.”

I had a dream that my car ran out of gas, and when I went to get help, I ended up balanced on top of a fence, while two dogs tried to bite me. The later dream was better: I was on vacation in this nice hillside town, maybe somewhere in southern Ontario.
you sure you didn't get the dreams the wrong way round?

I had a dream that I was on vacation in this nice hillside town, maybe somewhere in southern Ontario, my car ran out of gas, and when I went to get help, I ended up balanced on top of a fence, while two dogs tried to bite me.

Incidentally, I occasionally have a dream about being scared of running out of petrol (not gas), in the middle of nowhere as we're down to our last dregs and coasting down these massive hills in the dark, and being scared of bears attacking us if we do run out, and then suddenly these 2 guys I just watched die in a truck crash on the other side of the mountain start popping up as ghosts and asking why I didn't save them..... odd thing is, it actually happened, but well over a decade ago. Odd thing the brain innit.

oh, sorry, closing party...

Back
Top Bottom