Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Art Of Living, 92 private apartments for Camberwell Green

bimble

floofy
Maybe I've missed it but haven't seen anything here yet about "Camberwell on The Green', a really massive thing in construction up the road.

Its being built by one of Singapore's leading property companies and the marketing makes it very clear that nobody remotely local is intended as the consumer of the product. 92 luxury flats, "for residents and investors"..

Their website & marketing is a confusing mix of funny and repulsive: The Art Of Living - Camberwell Green

A few of my favourite bits are .. this lady, the female equivalent of smug chap up there in the purple tie, and this image of Camberwell Green, where everybody is white and everybody is having a great time, strolling about under the hanging baskets. Enjoying "the Art Of Living", presumably.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 17.09.07.png
2.png 1.png

And a couple more from the brochure, in case anyone was confused about what sort of lifestyle is on offer:
a.pngScreen Shot b.png

Last edited:
I was just talking about this last night. A local agent has one of the larger flats listed for over £1,000,000.
blimey. they're being sold 'off plan' or are they ready to go (walked past yesterday still looks like a building site)

Maybe I've missed it but haven't seen anything here yet about "Camberwell on The Green', a really massive thing in construction up the road.

Its being built by one of Singapore's leading property companies and the marketing makes it very clear that nobody remotely local is intended as the consumer of the product...

There was some talk about the marketing imagery for this on the Camberwell thread which is not in the Brixton forum.

blimey. they're being sold 'off plan' or are they ready to go (walked part yesterday still looks like a building site)
Looked like off plan. It was one of the agents near The Joiners. I was just passing and thought it seemed remarkably optimistic.

There was some talk about the marketing imagery for this on the Camberwell thread which is not in the Brixton forum.
i missed that. The imagery is really quite something. Keep being drawn back to their website for more of the same.
This one, on the 'living in camberwell' page, has the caption "Youthful, Creative and Friendly"
Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 18.57.07.png

A few minutes walk further along the same road towards Burgess park you pass 3 or maybe 4 other large sites which are currently just rubble with branded awnings out front 'flats coming soon' type stuff. This is presumably just one of many to come.

Oh yes. Every square inch of land is being built on. No space for trendy shipping containers round here! We leave that to places with tube stations ;)

eta maybe we weren't talking about that one but one of the neighbouring dull blocks in need of creative vibrancy.

The other thing I noticed on my yesterday walk through the sleet in camberwell was much more interesting though, sort of:
Is there a thread about how many of the old ex-pubs are now 'places of worship'? There's quite a few in the area. Do you think sometimes the interior is left pretty much as found and the preacher uses the bar as a lecturn etc?

screen-shot-b-png.84242
How many fucking pillows?

How do you sleep in a bed like that? Do you chuck a few pillows on the floor when you get into bed? I'm struggling with the mechanics of it.

How many fucking pillows?

How do you sleep in a bed like that? Do you chuck a few pillows on the floor when you get into bed? I'm struggling with the mechanics of it.
I have no idea. You have to make it part of your daily routine I presume, like brushing your teeth, the removal & replacement in the morning of your collection of tiny pastel coloured fucking useless pillows. :D

Maybe I've missed it but haven't seen anything here yet about "Camberwell on The Green', a really massive thing in construction up the roa
Its being built by one of Singapore's leading property companies and the marketing makes it very clear that nobody remotely local is intended as the consumer of the product. 92 luxury flats, "for residents and investors"..
Their website & marketing is a confusing mix of funny and repulsive: The Art Of Living - Camberwell Green
Surely this is the same one as this: Social Housing/ private renters/ squatters/ homeless
camberwell-jpg.70385

PS is EX1 a new postcode for Singaporean developers?

The other thing I noticed on my yesterday walk through the sleet in camberwell was much more interesting though, sort of:
Is there a thread about how many of the old ex-pubs are now 'places of worship'? There's quite a few in the area. Do you think sometimes the interior is left pretty much as found and the preacher uses the bar as a lecturn etc
I think the Corib Bar on Camberwell Road is about to get proper permission for change of use to be a church. There's an Islamic centre in an old pub too. I think most of the rest are in former shops, the bingo hall and the job centre.

The block looks ugly

Im optimistic that the green might be improved though... Looked like they had some swings or other play equipment going in?

Reactions: CH1
Playground is being moved and upgraded as part of the major overhaul of the Green. They've kept the butterfly gate for its entrance. Hope the new flats have good sound proofing. I suspect there will be an increase in mini-festival type events with live music after the successful revival of Camberwell Fair last year.

blimey. they're being sold 'off plan' or are they ready to go (walked past yesterday still looks like a building site)

Yes, off plan. Of course. The people buying them aren't going to live in them - just charge some other sucker 2 grand a month to live there. They've got to do something with their cash - there's only so many £20 notes you can use to light big fat cuban cigars.

The mystery to me is how anyone is supposed to pay that kind of rent and still have anything left over to eat, never mind buy a posh bed with loads of posh pillows.

Back
Top Bottom