Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The All New DIY "I Made This" Thread

Mr loo is working on compost corner, for years we've used pallets tied at the corners for "walls" to keep the compost in, he's cutting wood to size, making fences instead.

I'm expecting crenellations and finials at the very least.

Just make sure it's not so big and fancy that it requires planning permission or something :hmm:
(Also we would like photos when it's done! Although not if it is going to get you in trouble with the council planning department of course...) :D

That's lovely. Do you have a link to instructions? I have a blind that needs replacing. Nw if not.
Sure! Here is it: Blinds, Make blinds | Ideal Home

That one sits flush on the wall, whereas mine is in the recess.

I am lazy and lacking in fabric, so I didn't line it, just hemmed it down the sided and made a deeper hem at the bottom to insert the dowelling. I've had the same battten/dowling/rings/cord for the last 3 incarnations.

I don't know where you would get the Swedish glass rings for the cords - maybe eBay? You could improvise, but the proper glass ones make the cord run smoothly. Mine have little leather straps with holes at the ends to thread over the screws that attach the batten to the top of the window recess.

Edit: Some here, but well expensive! Glass Swedish Blind Rings - One Pair

Last edited:
Lap joints on the table legs could have been tighter ;)

Mine could do with some feet on (also uneven slabs), mind if I ask where the feet/insert combos are from and how much?

Lap joints on the table legs could have been tighter ;)

Mine could do with some feet on (also uneven slabs), mind if I ask where the feet/insert combos are from and how much?
Not bad for an electrician!

soz for amazon

there were other options but preferred these

Not bad for an electrician!

soz for amazon

there were other options but preferred these

Much obliged to you sir, ta.

Will make another bench at some point. I ran out off wood as I changed how I was going to do it and needed slightly more than I ordered.
Not like we'll need that many seats just at the moment.
It's not perfect but I am really fucking pleased. To see and feel all that lovely wood in front of you is fab.
Can't wait to eat dinner out there tonight.

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

Back
Top Bottom