Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thailand in August

miss direct

misfungled
I've got two weeks to pass in Thailand - I tried to change my ticket to come back earlier but too expensive so I'll make the most of it.

I've been to Thailand before and was in the north and koh phangan. This time I fly into Phuket and out of Bangkok with two weeks in the middle and nothing planned. I'd rather not spend much but I don't do shared rooms. I just want to rest, read, drink cocktails, eat nice food and maybe explore on a little motorbike. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm not averse to going to koh phangan again but maybe I should be more adventurous.

Rai-lei beach in krabi. Lovely place, beautiful sunsets, not too many people but enough to make it fun.

Not big enough to explore on a motorbike though. More of sit and relax place.
Lovely place, but you'd be bored stiff after two weeks unless you're dead into trekking or climbing. Krabi town is worth a short stay, plenty of island-hopping easily done in the region.

It's the rainy season in case you didn't realise. There's some great treks around Krabi even though it's not national park area. Ko Sok a bit further inland is also worth a visit, huge flooded valley.

Lovely place, but you'd be bored stiff after two weeks unless you're dead into trekking or climbing. Krabi town is worth a short stay, plenty of island-hopping easily done in the region.

True, I wouldn't recommend 2 weeks there, but it's a good stop over, maybe between phuket and ko samui/ko Tao? You could also go to phi phi leh which is sort of the same area although i went there at the end of the 90's and I've heard it's changed a bit due to the tsunami (and that silly DiCaprio movie).

I'm here in Thailand now, night 4. I stayed one traumatic night in a dorm near Phuket airport and since then I've been in Ao Nang near Krabi. I went to Railei today - it was beautiful but the boat ride over was terrifying. Off to koh phangan tomorrow. :)

Seen loads of monkeys!

Back
Top Bottom