Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Teenage neo nazi gets 11 years for ‘plotting terror’.

‘The strange thing was it wasn’t just the fact that Matt was plotting to kill me that hurt initially, it was the fact that we had been having serious conversations about our future, and we had been exchanging Christmas greetings, meanwhile in the background he was planning to make that my last Christmas, that really hurt.’

Hopefully, this was reflected in the sentencing

I don’t know. Undercover officer on his internet chat is why he got caught. Where the line is between posting terrible shit on the internet and actually plotting terror isn’t clear to me. It’s not like he actually procured a weapon.

Sentence is longer than the average manslaughter time.
I’m not sad for him I just think preventative incarceration is a worry in general.

Last edited:
I don’t know. Undercover officer on his internet chat is why he got caught. Where the line is between posting terrible shit on the internet and actually plotting terror isn’t clear to me. It’s not like he actually procured a weapon.
Sentence is longer than the average manslaughter time.
I’m not sad for him I just think preventative incarceration is a worry in general.

Oh hang, 'he created an online library to share right-wing propaganda and explosives-making manuals', plus, 'he had admitted four charges of possessing terror documents on the first day of his trial', that's serious shit.

Weird story. On the face of it he is an autistic lonely fantasist. 11 years seems excessive but no doubt there was stuff that came out in the trial that hasn't been reported.

I'm curious as to the definition of a "terror document" there though.
I think it’s this ?

I think it’s this ?

Those definitions are very wide open.

Reminds me of the case of Samar and Jawad, two Palestinian students who were wrongly convicted of a car bomb outside the Israeli embassy in London in the mid 1990's. Nobody was injured and the embassy cctv just happened to be turned off at the relevant time. Evidence against them was flimsy at best, and included Palestine rights magazines found in their homes, iirc.

Basically, ‘bomb-making’ manuals.

Not necessarily, although possibly.

I know it hasn't always meant that, though, in other cases.

Usually, when that's what they mean, then that's what they say. Other times they are more vague. Hence my pondering.

it is just a really weird story, even down to how the victim was definitely his friend, who initially thought it must be a joke, but police made it clear to him that he really was to be murdered for having sex whilst not being white. I dunno.

The timing makes an interesting contrast to the Pearson/Embery/Hitchens/Phillips/etc brigade who've frothing and whining about how bad Ridley Road is.
Those definitions are very wide open.

Reminds me of the case of Samar and Jawad, two Palestinian students who were wrongly convicted of a car bomb outside the Israeli embassy in London in the mid 1990's. Nobody was injured and the embassy cctv just happened to be turned off at the relevant time. Evidence against them was flimsy at best, and included Palestine rights magazines found in their homes, iirc.
Or indeed the Hitcham Yezza case, etc.

Not necessarily, although possibly.

I know it hasn't always meant that, though, in other cases.

Usually, when that's what they mean, then that's what they say. Other times they are more vague. Hence my pondering.

The report clearly states - 'he created an online library to share right-wing propaganda and explosives-making manuals'

The report clearly states - 'he created an online library to share right-wing propaganda and explosives-making manuals'

Allegedly.

He admitted to the four charges of possessing terror documents.

Were those the alleged explosives-making documents or were they something else? It's not clear. Recent history leads me to want to avoid assumptions.

this just made me laugh sort of. reading about when in 1995 it became illegal in america to distribute bomb making instructions on the internet:

'Although it was frequently said to be in response to Timothy McVeigh's Oklahoma bombing, he had actually used two traditional hard-copy books titled Homemade C-4, A Recipe for Survival and Ragnar's Big Book of Homemade Weapons and Improvised Explosives. Critics later pointed out both books were still for sale at Amazon.com..'

Still available too. With reviews from other readers.

Last edited:
you can just buy a book off amazon if you're a bit rusty.
Why would you want to do that when American army manuals detailing the manufacture of eg incendiary devices and shaped charges are a piece of piss to find and also free? Loads of auld paladin press titles are also out there on the internet ready to download. The wrong hands by Ann Larabee a very interesting book about popular weapons manuals (another woman author I'd heartily recommend)

Back
Top Bottom