Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tall shorts

hash tag

Reaching out
All my shorts are starting to wear badly.
Where can a tall bloke get a smartish pair of shorts that don't look like short football shirts at a reasonable price. I like my shorts roughly around my knees and it is seemingly impossible to buy such a thing anymore.
Can anyone recommend a shop or a brand please?

All my shorts are starting to wear badly.
Where can a tall bloke get a smartish pair of shorts that don't look like short football shirts at a reasonable price. I like my shorts roughly around my knees and it is seemingly impossible to buy such a thing anymore.
Can anyone recommend a shop or a brand please?
Try cycling shops. Mountain bike shorts are all like that. Or skate shops.

Endura make a chino version of their Hummvee shorts that might do you.

HOK_En9HUMC_dbl_Hummvee_Chino_FS19-01-il.jpg
It has a removable padded cycling liner that you won't need but the shorts themselves are just shorts, iykwim

these are the business. I wear them fwork. Look reasonably smart and have insanely capacious and functional pockets
I can fit an iPad in one of the back pockets

absolutely bullet proof even when worn daily and repeatedly out through industrial washing machines with work overalls

11/10 I’ve got three pairs

they also come in not green

these are the business. I wear them fwork. Look reasonably smart and have insanely capacious and functional pockets
I can fit an iPad in one of the back pockets

absolutely bullet proof even when worn daily and repeatedly out through industrial washing machines with work overalls

11/10 I’ve got three pairs

they also come in not green
I confess I am tempted.
But " Velcro fastening at the front for smartphones or AR magazines."

I guess that's what makes them "tactical".

I had a really long period where I could not find a good pair of lightweight shorts of the shorter kind. (although not short shorts)

I used to reliable find that addidas or nike put out a decent pair of shorts that were my mainstay.
Sadly a while back the manufacturers threw a spanner in the works and stopped making that type of shorts which also contained pockets.
The only shorts I could find either had no pockets or were a lot heavier or longer.

Thankfully to save me from non job related trouserdom I discovered that under armour do the exact style I was after.

humm in the models pictures they actually look quite long

Actually looking at pictures of myself they are kinda knee length. The reviews say they felt longer than other shorts.
I guess they may be a little shorter on me as i'm a little taller than average. They alose ride up to above the knee when i sit down (I have chunky thighs.)
Might be good for you if you like em on the lighter side.

I confess I am tempted.
But " Velcro fastening at the front for smartphones or AR magazines."

I guess that's what makes them "tactical".

I can assure you the front Velcro pocket won’t take an AR mag. An unhelpfully deep 9mm mag pocket perhaps

Last edited:
A pair of short red satin shorts it is - though Mrs Tag has very strong objections to red shorts/trousers.
I shall look out my sparkly platforms as well.

Having recently been caught by a bad by; no fleeces, compression, denim or knitted ones. Not sure about nylon?
Denim is probably your easiest bet - cut a pair of knackered jeans into hotpants and you're set to wow your neighbours. I've got a photo of me wearing a somewhat revealing pair in a nightclub when I was young - and no, I'm not going to post it.

I have two pairs of denim and neither are getting hacked up.
One is a beautifully soft denim, John Paul Gaultier from memory. Got them new for about £30 yonks ago. Best denims. ever.

Here's a good example of comfortable shorts hash tag

mens-shorts-5.jpg

You could mix and match with the various outfits too.

Back
Top Bottom