Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sun creams for face

Hellsbells

World's best procrastinator
Can anyone recommend anything good please.

I'm going on holiday to Turkey in a few weeks and burn pretty much instantly. I'm quite pale with freckles with quite greasy skin. Most facial sun creams I've used in the past have made my face look like greasy slime. I also want to be able to use a bit of foundation on top of the sun screen so guess I want something that would work as a kind of mattifying moisturiser...?
Oh and I also have ridiculously sensitive skin and get spots and rashes very easily. :eek::(:mad:

Does a miracle facial sun screen exist for me..?!:)

The Boots "Sensitive Face" suncream line (yellow and white packing) did very well for me at the height of summer sun the last two years - Quick absorbed, not greasy and it didn't set-off any skin/eye irritation issues - and suncreams are usually a nightmare for that with me. Think it is factor 50 and a decent UV-A protection level.

I got it in smallish tubes from the travel section but they probably do larger bottles. Dunno about applying foundation as well but remember that using any kind of makeup with suncream is apparently highly inadvisable.

Not mattifying but Hawaiian Tropic silk hydration have a face sunscreen which is really moisturising and not too heavy. I usually get whiteheads when I put sun cream on my face but I don't with this.

The Boots "Sensitive Face" suncream line (yellow and white packing) did very well for me at the height of summer sun the last two years - Quick absorbed, not greasy and it didn't set-off any skin/eye irritation issues - and suncreams are usually a nightmare for that with me. Think it is factor 50 and a decent UV-A protection level.

I got it in smallish tubes from the travel section but they probably do larger bottles. Dunno about applying foundation as well but remember that using any kind of makeup with suncream is apparently highly inadvisable.

Yeah, I know it's not advisable but I can't not wear foundation as I just look too awful without it. Maybe there's a sunscreen that's also tinted or has some kind of coverage...?

Or a high spf foundation? I didn't know you weren't meant to wear make up, I do.

Benefit big easy bb cream is high spf. I found it a bit drying but if you have very greasy skin it might be ok.

What about the P20 stuff, which you put on, and let dry, and then you're good for the rest of the day? I don't know (I don't wear makeup) whether you can put makeup on top of it, but it's supposed to survive swimming, etc...

I never used it because it only came as a factor 20, but it's available up to factor 50 now.

La Roche Posay do a very good range of facial suncreams for sensitive skin which are widely available in Boots. There's a mattifying one and a tinted one, or you can mix with foundation to create a tinted sunscreen. The best way to avoid break-outs is to double cleanse very thoroughly at the end of the day as sunscreen has a tendency to block pores.

I use Boots Soltan Once SPF 30 but the body version which lasts 8 hours, often I put on a moisturiser first but not always. I would be inclined to wear a hat if it was too hot/burn easy.

I'm just back from a hot holiday (in the 30s) and fared well with this & my hat. I do tan once I have some sun but I easily burn too so I'm super careful.

I haven't used Bare Minerals sunscreen but may be worth a look into.

Will keep an eye on this thread. As a roscaea sufferer the sun is bad anyway for flare ups, but suncream just makes it worse, and much like the OP it brings me out in awful spots as well. :(

Superdrug factor 50 in a small yellow tube, specially for face.

Annoyingly they don't sell this in Ireland anymore, but I can vouch that this is great stuff.

I would completely avoid a 'cream' based lotion, and go for a water type one instead. Garnier clear and protect, Factor 50 works wonders.

Back
Top Bottom