Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

facemask selfies redux

Love all the home made ones - great work Urbz :thumbs:

I'm planning to make one (or more) tomorrow. I need to convince my gf to help me as she is an expert sewing machine operator. If she doesn't help, it will take a lot longer than tomorrow, but I will defo be making one :cool:

I was wearing a mask when I was getting the bus to the Royal Marsden for cancer treatment. Then not at all in order not to cause panic.

Now it's a new mask if i have an emergency and have to leave the house or answer the door.
I am a bit scared. I studied health and safety. 2 mtrs sounds silly.

WIN_20200404_16_37_34_Pro.jpg

One hair bobble attached to another to make loops for the ears, adjusted for tightness by pulling more bandana through the that's not the ear one. One under the chin. Pulling more or less bandana into this bobble makes a chin shaped pouch.

Eight thicknesses of cotton.

No sewing. Obviously it needs to be tighter to be any good at all.

Better for robbing stagecoaches than virus protection.

OK, here's a late beta. No sewing, and I've had to make do with One Huge rubber band round the back of my head pending the arrival of a quantity of knicker elastic. It's a bit too tight, and needs refolding to make a more secure covering for nose and chin, but it's at least a proof of concept.

2020-04-07-104329.jpg

Approaching 14000 deaths now. Some in my small Córdoba town.
:(

If you absolutely must go out then wear a mask.

I would if there were people and I walked down streets, but I don't see hardly anyone where I live (and they're usually in the distance), it's very rural. I agree 50% is better than no protection. More people are wearing them here now than when I last went shopping a week ago, but I was still in the minority by a long way unfortunately.

:(

I would if there were people and I walked down streets, but I don't see hardly anyone where I live (and they're usually in the distance), it's very rural. I agree 50% is better than no protection. More people are wearing them here now than when I last went shopping a week ago, but I was still in the minority by a long way unfortunately.
If you are that rural then you’ve probably got better protection than a mask would give you. :)

Back
Top Bottom