Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Subversive Music - RATM, Lowkey, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws

Thanks for this. I do love Soft Play. I agree actually they should do something with Bob Vylan. Both are outstanding bands. I need to check out more Kid Kapichi. I've listened to a few tracks and I was also very impressed.
Both live and on record Kid Kapichi are way behind the other two. I don't get the love tbh. I feel Slaves (ETA Sorry, SOFT PLAY. Fucking shit name) are past their best. Vylan did a few forgettable songs around the time they did a track with Laurie but seem to have got it back.

You don't get much more subversive than reforming a band and replacing the late singer with... gasp.... a female? The comments have certainly split the fan base more than any Star Wars film did.

IMHO it fucking rocks

Strange hearing Linkin Park without Chester. Still not sure. I guess it might grow on me.

Louise Distras. Lol jk.

Linkin Park are a band it took me ages to admit I liked, because liking them just wasn't the Done Thing in metal circles. After Chester's death, I got Hybrid Theory and loved it. I actually welled up seeing that video and I'm not sure why. I like Emily - OK, she's not Chester but I think her voice will work with Crawling, One Step Closer etc. Chester had quite a high-pitched voice himself.

Louise Distras. Lol jk.

Linkin Park are a band it took me ages to admit I liked, because liking them just wasn't the Done Thing in metal circles. After Chester's death, I got Hybrid Theory and loved it. I actually welled up seeing that video and I'm not sure why. I like Emily - OK, she's not Chester but I think her voice will work with Crawling, One Step Closer etc. Chester had quite a high-pitched voice himself.
I did too, not gonna lie. And then I turned it right up and listened to it again. And it felt good.

You don't get much more subversive than reforming a band and replacing the late singer with... gasp.... a female? The comments have certainly split the fan base more than any Star Wars film did.

IMHO it fucking rocks

Just put the wireless on. The song was part way through and I liked it not knowing who it was.

Back
Top Bottom