Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Subversive Music - RATM, Lowkey, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws

In what sense? Can you explain what's ironic about it?
The fact he's a Hollywood artist on an oligarchic corporate record label, who then goes and writes a pseudo subversive song about world issues.
Me then posting his song is actually me not taking him seriously, and mocking and denigrating his position.

The fact he's a Hollywood artist on an oligarchic corporate record label, who then goes and writes a pseudo subversive song about world issues.
Me then posting his song is actually me not taking him seriously, and mocking and denigrating his position.

I'd say that's more hypocritical than ironic on his own part, and on yours, it's impossible to know you're being ironic if you post a video without any comment. But OK :)

He denies it apparently. He says he was misquoted.

That's not my understanding of his position. I think he's claimed it was taken out of context and so forth, but he's also admitted he did say what he's been quoted as saying and given a sort of half apology along the 'I didn't know what I was saying back then' lines. If he's realised he was being a gobshite and has grown up and educated himself a bit since then, fair enough. But perhaps it's an open question whether that's genuinely what's happened or whether he's just decided to STFU about it because Chuck D is quite intimidating when he's angry, as well as being largely responsible for whether Griff gets paid or not.

That's not my understanding of his position. I think he's claimed it was taken out of context and so forth, but he's also admitted he did say what he's been quoted as saying and given a sort of half apology along the 'I didn't know what I was saying back then' lines. If he's realised he was being a gobshite and has grown up and educated himself a bit since then, fair enough. But perhaps it's an open question whether that's genuinely what's happened or whether he's just decided to STFU about it because Chuck D is quite intimidating when he's angry, as well as being largely responsible for whether Griff gets paid or not.
Seems like he has said something along those lines and now he's realised it was a big mistake.
He's actually very bigoted and outspoken and he thinks the whole music industry is run by the illuminati and Jewish business men.

Back
Top Bottom