Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Subversive Music - RATM, Lowkey, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws

Hey Kakidarkeone. I've had another listen, and whilst absolutely love what BV does and what he stands for, I'm personally getting the vibe that Rage Against The Machine wouldn't have done this.

He's been misadvised.

Who are you raging against if you're taking Fred Perry's money?

Hey Kakidarkeone. I've had another listen, and whilst absolutely love what BV does and what he stands for, I'm personally getting the vibe that Rage Against The Machine wouldn't have done this.

He's been misadvised.

Yeah I kind of get your point. Talking about subversive topics while wearing a corporate brand

He's been misadvised.

Kakidarkone? 🤣
Well there is so much to rage against.
Perhaps Fred Perry is relatively harmless?
I expect BV need all the funding they can get in order to keep touring, paying rent and bills, especially in these unstable times when venues could just shut down due to covid.
Perhaps it's a small but necessary option and for the greater good as far as the band are concerned?

I've not paid much attention to this thread since a few contributions near when it started. Just looked back through it and wow, there's plenty of fucking shit besides Eric National Front Clapton that doesn't deserve to be here. And all coming from one particular direction :hmm:

Kakidarkone? 🤣
Well there is so much to rage against.
Perhaps Fred Perry is relatively harmless?
I expect BV need all the funding they can get in order to keep touring, paying rent and bills, especially in these unstable times when venues could just shut down due to covid.
Perhaps it's a small but necessary option and for the greater good as far as the band are concerned?
Having now listened to the song, he does say "a brother's got to eat" in a lot, so I guess he's practicing what he preaches there? Also I suppose Fred Perry's in an interesting position as a brand due to its adoption by Proud Boy dickheads, so on some level I sort of sympathise with any attempt to shake that connection off? Quite enjoyed the song anyway, but yeah that product placement is a bit wtf.

Back
Top Bottom