Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - BBC2 10pm from 16th March

Looking forward to this – I've loved Stewart Lee since his Fist Of Fun days with Richard Herring.

I've seen him working on some of the material for this show, it's going to be ace. If he does the routine about rappers hanging out in shopping centres, I'll be very happy

Really glad to see him back on tv, and apparently putting his issues with the BBC behind him.

I read an interview a few years ago where he was talking about preferring the times to the bbc:

"I hate Fox News, I hate Murdoch as a person, but it buys me the time to do other things. I’d have been in a lot of trouble without it....I have a much more straight-forward relationship with my editor at the Sunday Times culture section than I’ve ever had with anyone at the BBC, who are the most duplicitous, lying, dishonest people. I feel much happier, much more ethically comfortable writing for a Murdoch newspaper than I would doing anything for BBC2, which to me is just so mad and chaotic and dishonest and panicky. I’ve wasted so much of my time there."

http://londonconversation.blogspot.com/2007/01/interview-stewart-lee.html

Haha. How bizarre. How bizarre, how bizarre.

I might be pretty fucked by the time I get there, in case you see me, but if you do then say hello cos I want to wrap my lovin' arms around you both.

Haha. How bizarre. How bizarre, how bizarre.

I might be pretty fucked by the time I get there, in case you see me, but if you do then say hello cos I want to wrap my lovin' arms around you both.
You're a six foot, bearded black man, right?

Back
Top Bottom