Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stevenage car meet crash

lying-bastard-coppers said:
Hertfordshire Constabulary has never received prior warning of events such as the one yesterday evening, however, we have previously responded to such gatherings where concerns have been raised by the public.

residents nearby had made hundreds of calls to police in a bid to get the car racing event banned after it was widely advertised on social media.

I wonder who I should believe... Hmmm.

Someone got killed at one of these in Trafford Park, Manchester last year.

Killer driver jailed for cruise 'carnage'
See I don't get this. If someone is stupid enough to be a spectator at one of these events, then surely there should be little sympathy for them if and when the inevitable happens. It'd be different if it was a normal member of the public who got killed, but she chose to be a spectator at an obviously dangerous and illegal event. It's just Darwin's theory at work.

Kids are going to get together like this though.

With their cars and show off ..

And some are going to drive fast and some are going to have accidents.

Happens also with bikers.

The police have to have their ears to the ground to find out and watch out for such events.

I went to a couple of cruises up in the north east near Sacristan with my ex. A few of his mates were mad into cars and had gone on to apprenticeships at Nissan. In fact one of them re mapped out current car for us. They were quite fun the cruises.

not that i'm a fan of cruise but this was one that was running for 17 years

so not it was a illegal set up for people to drive like twats

but it one takes 1 or maybe to people ,

looking at both car i don't think this was kids

just idiots ..

I'm not going to defend it but will share the organisers said before wrapping up 17 years of the set up

it was suppose to be static car show.. so a bit more geeky that something organised last minute

but hey ho it happened

And I’m sure in 17 years every event he’s organised has remained ‘static’

If I wanted to look at a bunch of hot hatches I’d go to a proper organised event. Not something arranged in a car park.

it happenstance that the hobby is no longer a cool event

as the view expressed in this thread show

it just random it a whole day news event when the practise when out of fashion in the early 00's

I used to attend VW Beetle cruises.

We never did donuts or raced each other.
It was more 'drive 10mph so everybody sees you'.

I blame Vin Diesel.

not that i'm a fan of cruise but this was one that was running for 17 years

so not it was a illegal set up for people to drive like twats

Let's be realistic. Almost all cruises or meets end with a trip to "Mexico" for some street racing. My GTR got beat in a 50-200km/h roll race by a fucking Honda Civic in one last month. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom