Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

St Pauls Carnival 2015 - September date tbc

Dammit...Think im working that weekend!

Next year I should be in my hometown and will hopefully be in position to put peeps up...I'm a great hostess;)

Love the Carnival :thumbs:

Dammit...Think im working that weekend!

Next year I should be in my hometown and will hopefully be in position to put peeps up...I'm a great hostess;)

Love the Carnival :thumbs:
cant you make swappy-arrangements fizzy? its still a good 6 weeks away?

What you gonna do mate? Train seems a better option, definately for the way back at least. You planning on coming back the same day of staying overnight?
i think im going to get a cheap hotel room somewhere
i dont mind the coach down there tbh, but maybe train back is a good way of mixing it up
thinking!

Big fat arse to that datechange.

Last year, our first ever trip to St Pauls for the Carnival was on the first weekend of July. Sat 5th July 2014. Weekend straight after Glastonbury, then. Great for chilling .... ;)

We'll have to think hard about this now . Not at all sure we'll be able to make that September date :(

Can they not suggest the weekend before? The wedding is on the Friday 11th meaning I could have stayed over that weekend dammit! :mad:

STATEMENT REGARDING 2015
St Pauls Afrikan Caribbean Carnival presents : Grass Roots - A Community Showcase on September 5th at the Malcolm X Centre, St Pauls, Bristol. Expect participation, high quality performances, activities and a complete transformation of place and space.
The showcase will be split into two events:

. 1) A free family day from 12 - 6pm, with Carnival arts and workshops, a Windrush Stage, a wellbeing area, indoor market, amazing food, pop up art gallery, cinema and an explosion of visual art, music, dance and costume.

. 2) A live variety show from 10pm - late, featuring the best talent that St Pauls and the community has to offer plus very special guests.
Both events are ticketed and numbers are limited. Tickets will be available from Monday 13 July via eventbrite and through the Malcolm X Centre reception. The daytime event is free of charge but you must have a ticket to gain entry. The evening event is £8 early bird, £10 second release and £15 final release - tickets will not be available on the door.

Further information about September 5th and other participation opportunities over the summer, will be available on our website and Facebook page over the coming weeks and months.
These events are supported by Bristol City Council and Arts Council England and we thank them for their ongoing funding and commitment to St Pauls Afrikan Caribbean Carnival.

There will be no large scale carnival event this year. The organisation is working hard with funders and supporters to make sure we can deliver a successful Afrikan Caribbean carnival in Bristol for many years to come.
St Pauls Afrikan Caribbean Carnival is a community event and organisation. We thank everyone who has supported us over our nearly 50 years of existence. We ask for your continued support as we realign the organisation and build towards a Carnival event that has participation, engagement, talent development, opportunities and the best arts and culture at its centre. We look forward to working with you through this challenging but exciting time, and towards our very special 50th anniversary celebrations in 2018.

Thank you for your patience and support. We know there will be disappointment but now is the time to support us to the rebuild one of Bristols best and most important institutions.

Organiser said on BBC Points West that it's down to costs of litter clearance - estimated at up to £25k this year.

So Bristol City Council can afford to pay Playing Out almost £100k to shut down a few streets in Bristol's posh bits so Jocasta and her kids can pose for some pics in an empty street for Bristol Post.

But it can't support a festival that attracts ten of thousands of people to a part of Bristol that could really do with the income.

Nothing to do with the fact that the mayor's daughter owns Playing Out?

Or that the residents of St Pauls have been making life very awkward for the red trousered ghoosk recently over the introduction of residents parking zones?

Moving it from July was a shit idea weather wise anyway
i dont think they moved it out of choice, i think they were buying time....and ran out of it
didnt have the funding in place for july

i expect

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom