Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SpaceX rockets and launches

I'm surprised they launched in fog, if the purpose of test flights is to watch very closely what does or doesn't go wrong. But maybe the visual record is not where the useful info comes from.

It had trouble getting all the engines lit properly during the landing flip again. It was heading so far off course, the auto destruct triggered and blew it up in mid air.

SN15 up to bat next, which is apparently full of small design improvements.

There were three competitors for the contract, one was Blue Origin + a bunch of familiar names (Lockheed, Northrup Grumman etc) and the other was another consortium of less well known aerospace contractors. But SpaceX got the job. Their bid was far cheaper and their proposed spacecraft is actually flying. Not far, mind you, but infinitely futher than the competitors. If a NASA astronaut lands on the moon in the future, they'll be stepping out of one of these:

for_press_release-800x450.jpg

A long way to go still (no pun intended) before SpaceX manage to land anything on the moon though. So I wouldn't bet the house on the next astronaut stepping onto the lunar surface from a SpaceX rocket.

A long way to go still (no pun intended) before SpaceX manage to land anything on the moon though. So I wouldn't bet the house on the next astronaut stepping onto the lunar surface from a SpaceX rocket.
I did say "if" :)

There were three competitors for the contract, one was Blue Origin + a bunch of familiar names (Lockheed, Northrup Grumman etc) and the other was another consortium of less well known aerospace contractors. But SpaceX got the job. Their bid was far cheaper and their proposed spacecraft is actually flying. Not far, mind you, but infinitely futher than the competitors. If a NASA astronaut lands on the moon in the future, they'll be stepping out of one of these:

View attachment 263629
Good job gravity isn't much. Looks a big drop from the top

Weather looks a bit iffy, but then they launched in 10m visibility fog last time so who knows!

Back
Top Bottom