Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SpaceX rockets and launches

WaPost confirms that FAA approval has been granted.
Village evacuation ordered, TFR issued, weather looks good.

Good chance of a Starship launch today! Window opens 14:00 UK time

WaPost confirms that FAA approval has been granted.
Village evacuation ordered, TFR issued, weather looks good.

Good chance of a Starship launch today! Window opens 14:00 UK time

Let's hope it doesn't knock SN10 over when it comes back to land

Some fool had skipped the road closure and was hanging out in the exclusion zone. Currently driving back out after the Sherrif caught up with them.

Can someone concisely outline the significance of this launch to me? I haven't really been paying attention to space stuff recently.

Can someone concisely outline the significance of this launch to me? I haven't really been paying attention to space stuff recently.
It will be the biggest rocket ever flown, fully reusable. Designed (seriously) for colonising Mars.
This is the second test flight of the upper stage. THe last test flight went smoothly right up to landing, which it just missed and went boom

It will be the biggest rocket ever flown, fully reusable. Designed (seriously) for colonising Mars.
This is the second test flight of the upper stage. THe last test flight went smoothly right up to landing, which it just missed and went boom
If this is the upper stage - it will not take off by itself in real use, is that right? So have they designed an upper stage that can take off by itself, just for experimental purposes?

Another question - why are these things silver when previous rockets have always been white? Is it because we're in the future now?

Back
Top Bottom